Many employers struggle to gather information during witness interviews in investigations. Many employees for a variety of reasons are reluctant to be involved and can be less than forthcoming. Friends of employees and those accused of an offense are often downright angry and vengeful. In investigations, to meet its employer tax obligations, it's crucial that interviews are structured to capture and gather all available accurate information, notwithstanding employee emotions that are often running high.
Why Should You Attend:
The assigned investigator in many workplaces is often an already overburdened employee to whom another time consuming project is now assigned, often to their dismay. This investigator may have had little to no training in how to perform investigations. Or they may have had training in the process of investigatory mechanics but never actually performed an investigation. In theory, investigatory interviewing sounds easy but in reality, it's often not.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
- When are employees entitled to representation during an investigation?
- Organizing your interview so you can ask good questions
- The angry "hothead". Dangerous or something else?
- What about tape-recording: Is it a good idea?
- Considering cultural diversity
- The note taker and their role
- Taking notes and pacing the interview
- Educating all parties about retaliation
- What about witnesses that are not your employee? Tips for customer complaints and joint employment interviews
- How to prepare and what to do before an interview
- Strategies for the reluctant witness
- Body language: Can you tell if a witness is giving false or skewed testimony? Developing behavioral baselines
- Starting and ending your interview
Who Will Benefit:
- Anyone who has to do investigations, fact findings, or solve employee relations problems and disputes
- Plant Managers
- Front Line Managers
- HR Managers
- Branch Managers
- Those with Employee Relations Positions
Teri Morning, MBA, MS, SHRM-SCP is the President of her own HR Consulting firm, Teri Morning Enterprises and a new company Hindsight HR; employee relations and investigation management software. Morning is also affiliated with HR Performance Solutions as a compensation and performance management vendor. She has over 15 years human resource and training experience in a variety of professional fields, including retail, distribution, architectural, engineering, consulting, manufacturing (union), public sector and both profit and non-profit company structures. She has consulted with employers on their problems and trained managers and employees for over 15 years, meeting and working with employees from all types of businesses.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Workplace Investigations - Witnesses Interviews- By Compliance Global Inc..
|Conference/Event Dates:||06/29/2016 - 06/29/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Human Resources|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Session for one participant Price: $155.00|
|Audience:||Anyone who has to do investigations, fact findings, or solve employee relations problems and disputes
Front Line Managers
Those with Employee Relations Positions
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.