Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
This is a Live Lecture 7-Night Alaskan Cruise Conference Round-trip from Seattle, Washington and is held aboard Holland America's ms Oosterdam.
14 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
14 Contact Hours
Physicians and Dentists - $695
All Others - $450
Plus the cost of the cruise
Obstetrician/Gynecologists, Family Physicians, Internists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants
Program Purpose / Objectives
The purpose of this CME activity is to provide a review of clinical conditions encountered by the Family Physician and address common gynecological problems.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
*Explain evidence-based approaches to disease management
*Utilize current guidelines in determining appropriateness of genetic-based cancer screening
* Differentiate various types and doses of oral contraceptives used in clinical practice
* Incorporate new FDA safety guidelines when counseling about contraception
* Incorporate the recent changes in guidelines for the management of abnormal pap tests
* Discuss menopausal hormone patient in the wake of recent media exposure
* Recognize the global risks for cardiac disease
* Identify national guidelines for diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia
* Discuss the treatment of common STDs
* Define relationships of allergic rhinitis and comorbidities
* Recognize the presentation of depression in women
*Appreciate the clinical nuances and differences between monopolar and bipolar depression
* Identify the benefits and limitations of the various medication classes presently available to treat monopolar and bipolar depression disorders
* Discuss the similarities and differences between migraine, tension, cluster and sinus headaches in adults and children
* Discuss the pharmacologic therapies for migraine including “abortive” and “preventative” therapy
*Recognize the prevalence and risk factors associated with osteoporosis
*Emphasize the lifestyle and therapeutic options for the prevention of osteoporosis
* Discuss the risk factors and clinical presentation of cardiovascular disease in women compared to men
* Identify the American Diabetic Association (ADA) guidelines for the diagnosis of Prediabetes, the Type 2 Diabetes, the Joint National Committee on Hypertension (7) guidelines for blood pressure and the National Cholesterol Education Program III guidelines for lipid treatment In women
* Discuss the important signs, symptoms and physical exam findings that support a diagnosis of rhinosinusitis and allergic rhinitis
* Apply the guidelines for the treatment of acute rhinosinusitis and the options for the treatment of allergic rhinitis
* List the clinical features and differences in signs and symptoms of the more common sexually transmitted dieases (STDs)
* Discuss the rational use of pharmacological agents in the treatment of the more common sexually transmitted diseases (STDs)
Preliminary topics for activity
Screening for Hereditary Breast and Ovarian Cancer
Are all Birth Control Pills the Same?
Safety of Hormonal Contraception – Why all the Controversy?
The “Abnormal” Pap
Menopausal Therapy – Post Women’s Health Initiative
Tricks of the Trade in Diagnosing and Treating Depression – Monopolar and Bipolar
Diagnosis and Management of Headache
Cardiovascular Disease in Women
Allergic Rhinitis and Rhinosinusitis
Sexually Transmitted Diseases
This Live activity, Women's Health Cruise Conference, with a beginning date of May 13, 2012, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 14.00 Prescribed credit(s) by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Conference Sessions generally take place during the days at sea (as cruise itinerary allows) to avoid conflicts with Ports of Call or evening entertainment.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Women's Health.
|Conference/Event Dates:||07/07/2013 - 07/14/2013|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Conference Sessions generally take place during the days at sea (as cruise itinerary allows) to avoid conflicts with Ports of Call or evening entertainment.|
|Other Industries:||OBGyn, Professional Healthcare, Women|
|Audience:||Obstetrician/Gynecologists, Family Physicians, Internists, Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants|
|Venue:||Aboard Holland America's ms Oosterdam|
|Venue Phone:||(800) 422-0711|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Other|
|Conference Hotel URL:||official hotel URL...|
|Number of Exhibitors:||0|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.