The SNAME Maritime Convention (SMC), SNAME's annual meeting & expo is incorporated with the triennial WMTC. A gathering of the world’s Maritime Technical Associations, whose members are involved in Specification, Design, Operation and Maintenance of all things Marine World-Wide. With innovative paper presentation and teaching throughout the venue, from class settings to innovation sessions, demonstrations and exhibit hall, this event is sure to draw a valuable audience.
In 2014 the SNAME Maritime Convention truly exemplified itself as The International Maritime Forum, with new events incorporated into a week of traditional technical content. The SMC brought together members from every facet of the maritime community. Attendance exceeded expectations with over 1,000 registered attendees, a long list of sponsors and 70 exhibitors in the main hall with the National Shipbuilding Research Program (NSRP) having table-top exhibits and demonstrations on-site, too. We expect those numbers to be higher for WMTC’15!
TOP 10 REASONS TO ATTEND
Highlights of WMTC 2015:
- Over 225 technical papers and presentations from SNAME and the other 20 organizing Societies.
- Panel Sessions focused on Ballast Water Treatment and Human Factors in the Maritime Industry.
- Networking receptions and off-site events.
- Topical Breakfasts and Lunches.
- Internationally-focused Expo covering all reaches of the maritime industry.
- Innovative Sessions showcasing technical advances and new products.
- Student and Young Professionals Programs to connect the global maritime community of the future.
- SNAME Cup Sailing Regatta and SNAME Annual Golf Tournament.
- SNAME Annual Banquet and Awards Lunch to recognize leaders both young and old.
And the number one reason to attend?
- A repeated history of excellence in its week-long program.
The Society of Naval Architects and Marine Engineers was organized in 1893, to advance the art, science, and practice of naval architecture, shipbuilding and marine engineering. For over a century members have included commercial and governmental practitioners, students, and educators of naval architecture, shipbuilding, and marine and ocean engineering.
SNAME encourages the exchange and recording of information, sponsors applied research, offers career guidance, supports education, and enhances the professional status and integrity of its membership.
SNAME is incorporated with the triennial WMTC 2015.