Online Event Location map
Wireless Robot Control System Using ZedBoard, Chilipepper, and iRobot - Webinar By EITAGlobal
Overview: Participants will learn how to build a wireless communication system around two ZedBoards, two Chilipepper mezzanine cards, and an iRobot. The basic demo starts by establishing a wireless link between the two systems, and then moves on to drive the robot's forward, turn, etc. controls from the receiving ZedBoard's GPIO output ports.
Skills to be mastered include Xilinx embedded development kit (EDK), Chilipepper A/D, D/A, and SPI control interfacing to the host ZedBoard, connecting motor controls to GPIO ports on an FPGA, some C and Linux programming, and some HDL coding.
Why should you attend: Embedded processors, such as the Zynq chip on the ZedBoard, are the wave of the future, and that future has arrived. If you are a software engineer, you need to become more comfortable with hardware, and vice-versa. This demonstration system will get you started on learning embedded systems, whether you are coming from the computer science world or electrical engineering.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Connecting and configuring the hardware
- Programming the FPGA via XPS/EDK tool flow
- Bringing up and testing the communication system
- Hardware modifications to enable robot control
- Verification of robot functionality
- Ideas for further exploration
Who Will Benefit:
- Junior and Senior digital Design Engineers
- Junior and Senior Software Engineers
- Technical hands-on Engineering group Leaders
There may be many networking opportunities at the Wireless Robot Control System Using ZedBoard, Chilipepper, and iRobot - Webinar By EITAGlobal. Find out more in the event details below.
Junior and Senior Software Engineers
Technical hands-on Engineering group Leaders
Exhibitor Information +