Online Event Location map
Webinar on The Impact on Exporters of Foreign Assets Control, Anti-Boycott, and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations
U.S. exporters are not only required to understand complex licensing requirements regarding the goods they sell, they must adhere to U.S. sanctions against "enemy" countries (foreign assets control regulations) and refuse to comply with sanctions imposed by other countries (anti-boycott regulations).
These two sets of regulations are partially policed by U.S. banks when handling shipping documents and payments and, if a violation is detected, payments must be frozen and the bank must report the exporter to the authorities. Fines, loss of tax credits, and even jail terms may be imposed. On top of all that, the USA PATRIOT Act requires banks to refuse to even handle transactions that may be completely legitimate but which involve parties they haven’t done background checks on and to report transactions viewed by the government as "suspicious," with the idea of catching money launderers.
This session educates participants on the regulations governing the actions of banks when handling international payments and explores what banks are required to do and not to do, with a particular focus on the impact on the exporter and their payment for goods.
Why should you Attend:
- Understand the difference between international rules, domestic laws & regulations, and international conventions and when they apply
- Learn under what circumstances payment from a foreign buyer could get frozen by the U.S. government and deemed "trading with the enemy"
- Understand what makes a transaction reportable or prohibited under the anti-boycott regulations
- Review how the USA PATRIOT Act applies to trade transactions and information banks actually need in order to satisfy "Know-Your-Customer" requirements
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Sanctions against "enemy" countries (e.g., the Office of Foreign Assets Control and U.N. sanctions)
- Antiboycott regulations
- Anti-Money Laundering regulations (e.g., the USA PATRIOT Act)
Who Will Benefit:
- Credit and collection managers
- Vice presidents
- Business owners
Don't wait to register for the Webinar on The Impact on Exporters of Foreign Assets Control, Anti-Boycott, and Anti-Money Laundering Regulations. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
Credit and collection managers
NetZealous LLC DBA Compliance4All,
161 Mission Falls Lane, Suite 216,
Fremont, CA 94539, USA.
Email: support@compliance4All.com http://www.seatradecruiseglobal.com/sponsorship-opportunities
Exhibitor Information +