Online Event Location map
Webinar on Safer Hospital Care Principles and Best Practices
Overview: Safe hospital care in neither a science nor an art. It is a practice just like the practice by a doctor who combines hindsight of experience and foresight of imagination to come up with an outsight of the best interventions and best protocols. Over time the doctor standardizes the process but is vigilant to any unique requirements of each patient. Such an approach in patient safety is called hazard analysis and mitigation process.
This webinar goes a big step farther. It covers innovation strategies to assure that the safety improvements result in a high return on investment and high value to the hospital, and protects the patients.
Why should you Attend: About 400,000 patients die each year from hospital mistakes according to a senate hearing. Evidence based methods to reduce adverse, sentinel, and never events are available and successful in aerospace, nuclear, and chemical industries. Why not use them?
We need a paradigm shift. We need it in a hurry! You cannot cross the sea merely by standing and staring at the water. Do not be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. No noble thing can be done without risks
Areas Covered in the Session:
- The Etiologies of Unsafe Care
- Sufficient Understanding is a Pre-requisite to Safe Care
- Preventing “Indifferencity” to Enhance Patient Safety
- Continuous innovation is better than Continuous Improvement
- Innovations Should Start with Incidence Reports
- Hazard Analysis
- Fault Tree Analysis-the Best Tool for Harm Prevention
- Doing More with Less is Innovation
- Re-Invent Quality Management
- Human Errors may be Unpreventable, Preventing Harm is an Innovation
- Managing Safety: Lessons from Aerospace
- Protect Patients from Dangers in Medical Devices
- The Paradigm Pioneers
- Aequanimitas,The Best Known Strategy for Safe Care
Who Will Benefit:
- Hospital senior management
- Hospital administrators
- Nursing staff
- Clinical engineers
- Radiology staff
- Infection control staff
- Patient advocates
Dev Raheja , MS,CSP, A respected and sought out expert on hospital safety, author of Safer Hospital Care: Strategies for Continuous Innovation draws on his 25 years of experience as a risk management and quality assurance consultant to provide hospital stakeholders with a systematic way to learn the science of safe care. He teaches “Quality Improvement Methods in Healthcare” for the BBA program in Healthcare Management at Florida Tech University. He has written over 20 articles on healthcare quality and safety, and is a member of the American College of Healthcare Executives.
Price : $139.00
Phone No: 1-800-385-1607
Event Link: http://bit.ly/Safer-Hospital-Care-Principles-and-Best-Practices
Don't wait to register for the Webinar on Safer Hospital Care Principles and Best Practices. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
Infection control staff
Exhibitor Information +