Online Event Location map
Webinar on HIPAA Requirements for Safeguarding Protected Health Information
Overview: Being in compliance with HIPAA involves not only ensuring you provide the appropriate patient rights and controls on your uses and disclosures of protected health information, but you also have the proper policies and procedures in place. If audited or the subject of a compliance review you will be required to show the government you have all the necessary documentation in place for safeguarding patient Protected Health Information and indicate how you addressed all required security safeguards. This starts with the understanding the fundamentals of a HIPAA compliance.
If your healthcare practice, business, or organization needs to understand what is required to protect health records or make sure your current safeguards are adequate and can withstand government scrutiny, please join us for this informative and interactive course.
Why should you Attend: With a substantial increase HIPAA data breaches, organizations must understand the requirements to safeguard protected health information.
Attendees will leave the course clearly understanding of all the requirements that must be in place for protecting the health records their organizations maintain, create, transmit, or store. After completing this course, a Covered Entity or Business Associate will have a clear understanding for what needs to be place when it comes to all of the HIPAA regulations.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Why was HIPAA created?
- Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
- What are the HIPAA Security and Privacy Rules?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What is meant by "Required" and "Addressable" Implementation Specifications?
- What are Administrative, Technical, and Physical Safeguards Requirements?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Assessment?
- What are HIPAA training requirements?
- What is a HIPAA data breach and what happens if it occurs?
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
- Creating a Culture of Compliance
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Chief Information Officer
- General Counsel/lawyer
- Practice Management Consultants
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information
- IT Companies that support Medical/Dental practices or other healthcare organizations
Jay Hodes president of Colington Security Consulting, LLC, which provides HIPAA consulting services for healthcare providers and business associates. Mr. Hodes has over 30 years of combined experience in risk assessments, site security evaluation, regulatory compliance, policy and procedures assessments, and federal law enforcement management. He is the former Assistant Inspector General for Investigations at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.
Mr. Hodes has been the keynote speaker and provided presentations regarding HIPAA compliance to a number of professional healthcare organizations. He has published over 30 educational articles regarding HIPAA compliance, been featured in Part B news articles and provided a guest post for the Electronic Health Reporter.
Price : $139.00
Phone No: 1-800-385-1607
Event Link: http://bit.ly/HIPAA-Requirements-for-Safeguarding-Protected-Health-Information
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Webinar on HIPAA Requirements for Safeguarding Protected Health Information.
HIPAA Privacy Officer
HIPAA Security Officer
Medical/Dental Office Managers
Information Systems Manager
Chief Information Officer
Practice Management Consultants
Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information
IT Companies that support Medical/Dental practices or other healthcare organizations
Exhibitor Information +