The only constant today is change…and with regards to document retention and privacy, laws, regulations are changing all of the time. You need to be diligent to know how, and if, your current policy is affected by these changes.
Retention and management of records is more complicated than just deciding what to keep and for how long. In what form should records be kept? Should we keep more than what the regulations require? If so, what? What about possible litigation needs? Examiner expectations must be met, of course, but other parties, such as law enforcement, auditors, and those representing your employees may require access to information, as well.
To manage an effective program in a cost-effective manner, compliance professionals must rely on information from a broad range of resources within the organization. Records management is the point of convergence of these resources, which is why effective and reliable records management must be part of your Compliance Program.
Why should you attend:
- Specific tips for business records retention practices that both strengthen your process and standardize your records management program
- How to plan for worst case scenarios
- Developing records retention schedules
- The key elements of a security assessment of your plan
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Retention basics: What should you keep and for how long?
- What about HIPPA and medical records?
- What is Personally Identifiable Information (PII)?
- Privacy laws: What is the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act and why should I care?
- How do I protect myself, my business, and how do I get started?
- Electronic records retention, promises and problems
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance Officers
- Information Security and Management
- IT Personnel
- Senior Management
- Human Resources
- Anyone involved in the Creation, Management, and Destruction of Information and Records
Instructor:Cathleen M. Hampton As a professional consultant with over 25 years of HR experience to include extensive government contracting, Ms. Hampton has been responsible for planning, developing and executing a comprehensive HR strategy in support of many client companies. Her responsibilities have included the need to evaluate complex issues, identifying options for resolving problems, and implementing comprehensive program solutions.
Twitter Follow us: https://twitter.com/TrainHR1
Linkedin Follow us: https://www.linkedin.com/company/trainhr
Facebook Like Us: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Trainhr/1540069582910166
If the Webinar On Document Retention is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||09/07/2016 - 09/07/2016|
|Conference/Event Hours:||90 Minutes|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Business Technology, Human Resources, Technology|
|Cost to Attend:||$145.00|
Information Security and Management
Anyone involved in the Creation, Management, and Destruction of Information and Records
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.