Online Event Location map
The New Managers Toolkit to Instant HR Proficiency - Webinar by TrainHR
Overview: As the old saying goes an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Training your managers, especially new managers in the basics of HR compliance is the easiest, fastest, most helpful, and downright cheapest thing a company can do to stave off employment complaints and expensive legal claims.
This webinar will cover what a new manager needs to know about HR before, or shortly after they start their new job.
Why should you attend: Vague goals, little guidance, maybe promoted over people with whom they used to be coworkers, maybe even friends, management promotions at some companies are more akin to a test of survival than a reward. Even with training, traditional management techniques just don't always have an answer for today's complicated HR challenges. Wherever there are people, there are employee relations issues which can turn into compliance issues. Even with training there can be enough misunderstandings and miscommunications to keep a manager busy. Sending a new manager out without knowing at least some HR basics is a recipe for disaster. Not only for the manager, but their employees and certainly the company as well.
In any new position there are enough challenges during the first months to keep the newly promoted busy. But it's not just for the benefit of the manager that you are training. HR training provides not only knowledge to the new manager but also is of benefit to the new manager's employees as well.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- What every manager needs to know today about the major Federal employment laws; FLSA, FMLA, ADA and Title VII.
- Performance management - The 4 tools a manager has and how, when, why to use them.
- An easy tool for spotting problems - How to discover if it's the employee or the company causing the problem.
- Legal and practical advice for what every manager needs to know about interviewing and hiring.
- How to counsel up or out problem employees.
- What to do if an employee has a complaint.
- How to write consistent, logical, factual, defensible documentation. What, when, how and why we write.
- What to do when you've been promoted over your friends.
Who Will Benefit:
- Branch Managers
- Store Managers
- HR Generalists
- HR Managers
- Plant Managers
- Business Owners
Don't wait to register for the The New Managers Toolkit to Instant HR Proficiency - Webinar by TrainHR. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
Exhibitor Information +