New regulations are going to dramatically increase banking charges and exporters are going to be impacted more than most.
In this webinar, the speaker will explore the new regulations, commonly referred to as “Basel III,” and explain the manner in which they are to be phased in and applied to banks of different sizes. Participants will learn what to expect in terms of increased costs and what to do in order to minimize such costs in export transactions that are being financed.
Why Should You Attend:
Coming on the heels of the banking crisis 2008, Basel III is the latest attempt at creating a global set of regulations that assure the ability of banks to sustain credit losses in a financial downturn. At a fundamental level, the regulations increase the amount of capital banks are required to maintain while also requiring banks to properly evaluate customer risk and allocate capital accordingly. As a consequence, banks are pushed to charge more in general and to charge even more for high-risk transactions.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
- Capital adequacy ratio
- Risk-based capital requirements
- Risk weightings and credit conversion factors under Basel I and under Basel III
- How Basel III deals with trade finance
- Accessing the OECD country risk classification tables
- Large, Internationally-Active Banks and Global Systemically-Important Banks
- The controversy over the Leverage Ratio and the Asset Value Correlation
- Understand the intent of the Basel 3 Accord
- Recognize how the U.S. version of Basel III differs from the version adopted in other countries
- Learn how capital requirements translate into bank fees and interest rates
- Identify how Basel III applies to export finance
- Explore ways to minimize the cost impact on exporters
Who Will Benefit:
- Treasury Department Employees
- Credit and Collection Managers
- Company Presidents and CFO’s
- Company Vice Presidents
- Business Owners
- Sales Managers
Walter (Buddy) Baker brings more than 35 years of experience in international trade finance to his current position as Vice President and head of Global Trade Solutions Delivery for Fifth Third Bank. Fifth Third is one of the 20 largest banks in the US and provides a full range of risk mitigation and financing products for exporters and importers. His professional experience includes earlier stints with Atradius Trade Credit Insurance, ABN AMRO Bank, Bank of America, Wachovia Bank, and The First National Bank of Chicago.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the The Impact of Basel III on Export Finance- By Compliance Global Inc..
|Conference/Event Dates:||06/30/2016 - 06/30/2016|
|Other Industries:||Banking-Money-Finance, Business|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Session for one participant Price: $165.00|
Treasury Department Employees
Credit and Collection Managers
Company Presidents and CFOs
Company Vice Presidents
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.