Online Event Location map
Ten Tips For Positive Appraisals that are Focused on Improvement
Overview : Research indicates that as many as 75% of managers and employees hate giving and receiving appraisals. The vast majority of appraisals fail because of how and when the information is delivered. Many painful and uncomfortable situations can be avoided if the manager uses a proactive approach to the conversation and uses the right techniques to conduct the performance review discussion.
Why Should You Attend: Many employees dread the annual meeting with their supervisor about their past performance. Sometimes ratings are lightning rods for anger and resentment. Managers are often afraid of giving direct feedback in fear that employees will get angry or disagree with their opinion. The fear and anxiety that comes from performance discussions can be avoided if the right techniques are used. Avoid common pitfalls and the verbal blunders that plague the annual discussion about performance.
Learn proven techniques that keep the focus on positive performance outcomes. Learn to assume the role of a coach that delivers frank, honest, and helpful feedback to employees in any situation. Use a future orientation that enables employees to receive criticism and apply it to their next assignments without taking offense. Empower employees to higher levels of productivity by building upon their gifts and strengths instead of focusing on their blind-spots.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Discover the positive performance technique and why it is revolutionizing performance appraisals
- Delivering performance feedback that increases employee engagement
- Use coaching techniques to deliver negative feedback in a helpful manner
- The keys to developing rapport with employees to allow them to feel safe to participate
- The manager's secret ingredient to better performance conversations
- How to get employees actively involved in managing their own performance
- How to reduce employee fear and anxiety around performance discussions
- A simple, helpful tool to help employees prepare in advance for their annual review
- Help employees leave the discussion with a plan and a smile instead of a frown
Who Will Benefit:
- Vice President
- HR Managers
Registration link: http://bit.ly/155yS7N
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Ten Tips For Positive Appraisals that are Focused on Improvement.
Exhibitor Information +