Online Event Location map
Telecommuting: Effective Policies, Practices, and Programs
This webinar training will discuss strategies on effectively managing the remote workforce. The instructor will cover management strategies in a telecommuting situation, best practices and how to measure, justify and communicate results.
Why Should You Attend:
According to WorkplaceAnalytics.com, approximately 3% of the global workforce telecommutes and the number is increasing. Companies utilize telecommuting to save money, increase productivity and provide flexibility.
This webinar contains an overview of management strategies and best practices, as well as how to develop a policy, who or what positions would be eligible, alternative work arrangements, the approval process, rules of operation, equipment considerations and support, and effective communication practices. We will cover the business case for telecommuting as well as the pros and cons.
Participants will receive the following tools:
- Sample policy
- Business case template
- Manager checklist
- Evaluation questionnaire
- Define telecommuting and develop a business case.
- Conduct a readiness assessment to determine eligibility for telecommuting.
- Assess and support remote workers’ needs to maintain productivity.
- Describe 7 strategies for effectively managing remote workers.
- Identify key legal issues in telecommuting.
- Identify best practices in telecommuting programs.
- Evaluate program effectiveness
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Developing the business case for telecommuting.
- How to determine eligibility and participation?
- Readiness assessment.
- Support considerations for remote workers.
- Effective management for telecommuting.
- Identifying legal issues- hours worked, safety and confidentiality.
- Developing policies and procedures on telecommuting.
- Best practices in telecommuting.
- Determining program effectiveness, measuring and evaluating results.
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resources Executives
- Human Resource Managers
- Division and Department Heads
- Supervisors responsible for remote workers
Meloney Dosunmu is a national and international speaker, trainer, consultant and recognized expert on human resources, leadership and management. She has over 25 years of experience in the profession, as Global HR Director for Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Meloney Dosunmu has published several articles and publications on topics related to business, leadership and communication. She has spoken on leadership and various related topics at international conferences, and delivered training in Europe, APAC, South America and North America.
She is the recipient of the prestigious Women of Distinction Award from the Girl Scouts of Eastern PA for extraordinary leadership. Ms. Dosunmu has an MBA degree and a bachelor’s degree in counseling. She is an adjunct instructor of Human Resources Management for DeSales University in Center Valley PA. She has been involved in Human Resources and Training & Development for over 25 years.
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Telecommuting: Effective Policies, Practices, and Programs? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
Human Resource Managers
Division and Department Heads
Supervisors responsible for remote workers
Exhibitor Information +