San Francisco , CA 94108 Location map
Statistical Analysis for Process and Product Development: 2-Day In-person Seminar
This course is designed to help scientists and engineers apply statistical methods used assist decision making in process and product development. Variability must be considered when utilizing data to arrive at conclusions.
- This course will cover Basic Statistics and Graphical Methods used to summarize data.
- You will learn how to apply Hypothesis Testing methods to determine whether groups are statistically equivalent or not with respect to key process characteristics such as process averages and variability.
- The use of confidence intervals when estimating key parameters will be covered.
- When planning studies, sample size determination is critical to ensure that study results will be meaningful. Methods to determine appropriate sample sizes for various types of problems will be covered.
- Finally, an introduction to Design of Experiments (DOE) is provided. DOE is an extremely efficient method to understand which variables (and interactions) affect key outcomes and allows the development of mathematical models used to optimize process and product performance. The concepts behind DOE are covered along with some effective types of screening experiments. Case studies will also be presented to illustrate the use of the methods.
This highly interactive course will allow participants the opportunity to practice applying statistical methods with various data sets. The objective is to provide participants with the key tools and knowledge to be able to apply the methods effectively in their process and product development efforts.
Participants are requested to bring a laptop with Minitab Version 17 software installed.
- Effectively summarize data and communicate results with basic statistics and graphical techniques
- Apply Hypothesis Testing to test whether two or more groups of data are statistically equivalent or not.
- Estimate key process parameters with associated confidence intervals to express estimate uncertainty
- Determine appropriate sample sizes for estimation and hypothesis testing
- Understand key concepts related to Design of Experiments
- Apply experiments to determine cause and effect relationships and model process behaviour
Who will Benefit:
- Product and Process Engineers
- Quality Engineers
- Personnel involved in product development and validation
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Statistical Analysis for Process and Product Development: 2-Day In-person Seminar.
Product and Process Engineers
Personnel involved in product development and validation
Exhibitor Information +