Houston , TX 77027 Location map
Royal Sonesta Hotel Houston
SANS ICS Security Summit & Training - Houston 2016
SANS has joined forces with industry leaders and experts to strengthen the cybersecurity of Industrial Control Systems (ICS). The initiative is turning ICS cybersecurity around by equipping both security professionals and control system engineers with the security awareness, work-specific knowledge, and hands-on technical skills they need to secure automation and control system technology. Register now for these ICS skills based courses.
Why Is the ICS Initiative Important?
- Tremendous gains are being achieved in industrial applications by sharing and analyzing data, but we need professionals who can address the security challenges
- Preparation is critical because ICS incidents are occurring with increasing frequency and damaging systems
- Control systems are widely deployed and need your attention - there is no such thing as a system that is too small
- Up-to-date ICS knowledge and security skills can help keep our critical systems safe
- Shared learning translates into results-effective security requires the integration of cybersecurity professionals, ICS support staff, and engineers
GIAC Global Industrial Control Systems Professional (GICSP)
The Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional Certification (GICSP) assesses a base level of knowledge and understanding across a diverse set of professionals who engineer or support control systems and share responsibility for the security of these environments. This certification will be leveraged across industries to ensure a minimum set of knowledge and capabilities that IT, engineer, and security professionals should know if they are in a role that could impact the cyber security of an ICS environment. For a complete list of GICSP certification objectives, visit www.giac.org.
Industrial Control Systems Security Briefing
In conjunction with the ICS - Houston training event, SANS is pleased to offer the 4th Annual Industrial Control Systems Security Briefing. This event provides the opportunity to engage in dialog around Industrial Controls Systems Security and learn about key solution capabilities. This event is free to Oil & Gas constituents, as well as ICS - Houston training event students.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the SANS ICS Security Summit & Training - Houston 2016.
IT security (includes operational technology security)
Corporate, industry, and professional standards
ICS Incident Response Team Leads and Members
ICS and Operations Technology Security Personnel
IT Security Professionals
Security Operations Center (SOC) Team Leads and Analysts
ICS Red Team and Penetration Testers
- Register with discount code "EarlyBird16" and receive a discount of up to 400 USD for any 4-6 day course paid for by Wednesday, May 11, 2016.
- Register with discount code "EarlyBird16" and receive a discount of up to 200 USD for any 4-6 day course paid for by Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
- If the order is not paid by the early registration deadline the discount amount will automatically be reduced to the next valid early registration discount amount.
- No refunds available after Sunday, July 3, 2016.
Exhibitor Information +