Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
In 2014, SAF will partner with the Canadian Institute of Forestry/l’Institut forestier du Canada (CIF/IFC), for a joint convention. In addition, the convention will be co-located with the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) World Congress, which only takes place once every 5 years and has not been hosted in the United States since 1971. This exceptional convergence will bring several thousand forest scientists and managers from more than 100 countries together in Salt Lake City, Utah during the first full week in October. These co-located events will enhance knowledge exchange and networking among professionals who study and manage forest resources around the globe.
The convention theme reflects the need for an introspective look at the forest science–management partnership and the roles of science and management in service to society and in sustaining and enhancing forested ecosystems both globally and locally, since many of our biggest challenges span geographic boundaries and most local challenges are subject to global forces. In addition, this is a good time to take stock of the profession, addressing professional ethics for both managers and scientists. This concept encompasses how science–management partnerships arise, evolve, and play out, in the context of public policy, career development, fiduciary responsibilities, and personal values about natural systems and their management.
The Largest Forest Management Expo in the United States is happening at the combined International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) World Congress and Society of American Foresters (SAF) National Convention and Canadian Institute of Forestry’s Annual General Meeting.
Reasons to exhibit and sponsor:
- Reach more than 4,000 forest management professionals and scientists – coming from all types of forestry-related fields, including forest operations, forest engineering, biology, ecology, wildlife management, aquatic restoration, social sciences, and more.
- Market to a diverse set of delegates from over 100 countries.
- Engage with influential forest management professionals who have budget and decision authority!
- Dramatically increase your exposure in the competitive marketplace through the assertive marketing of exhibitors to more than 30,000 professionals worldwide.
- Create visibility and awareness to drive your business and organization.
- Showcase your products and develop and build business relationships with potential new clients, partners, policy makers and decision makers.
- Launch new products in a high-profile venue.
- Visit one-on-one with attendees during designated networking breaks, lunches, and events in the Exposition Hall.
- Show the profession that you are active, interested, and committed to serving the Society of American Foresters, forestry, research, and land management markets!
You should sponsor, exhibit, or advertise if you provide:
• Aerial photography and equipment
• Animal control products
• Arborist and urban forestry supplies
• Biomass, bioenergy, and biofuels
• Carbon accounting and offsets
• Clothing and equipment for field-going professionals
• Terrestrial and non-terrestrial communication equipment
• Computer software and equipment
• Ecological restoration and regeneration services
• Employment opportunities (public and private)
• Environmental services
• Erosion control products
• Field Markers and signs
• Field testing and diagnostic equipment
• Finance, insurance, or investment services
• Fire control management services and equipment
• Forestry consulting services
• Forestry education
• Forest information management systems
• Forestry-related publications and research
• GPS equipment and services
• Handheld data collectors
• Harvesting and logging equipment
• Herbicides, fertilizers, and chemical applications
• Imaging and spatial analysis software and related hardware
• Laptop PCs - hardened or rugged
• Laboratory and field diagnostic equipment
• Measurement, survey, and analysis tools
• Recreation apparel and footwear
• Remote sensing and satellite imagery
• Research-support equipment
• Safety equipment
• Seeds, seedlings, and seeding services
• Tree care and maintenance products and services
• Tree paint and markers
• Tree shelters and protectors
• Water measurement and analysis tools
• Weather measurement and analysis tools
The International Union of Forest Research Organizations is the World’s Forest Science Network. It unites more than 15,000 scientists in 650 member organizations in over 120 countries. Its members include government research institutions, universities, individual scientists, non-governmental organizations, decision making authorities, forest landowners, corporations, and others with a focus on forests. Pursuing a greener, sustainable future for humanity is at the core of IUFRO’s activities worldwide. As the largest global network of researchers focused on forests – stretching from tropical to boreal regions – IUFRO’s members are at the forefront of creating knowledge to sustain forests and support people’s well-being.
The Society of American Foresters challenges landowners, decisionmakers and society at large to make choices about our forests based on professional knowledge, leading-edge thinking and a century of practical experience. SAF seeks viable pathways forward, balancing diverse demands on our natural resources and sets the standard in forest management, bringing science, best practice and the best people together to actively shape the future of the profession. With a focus on thriving forests, essential resources and a strong community, SAF unites 12,000 members, representing all U.S. states and from 60 different countries.
The Canadian Institute of Forestry is the Canadian national voice of forest practitioners. Formed in 1908, the Institute represents foresters, forest technologists and technicians, ecologists, biologists, geographers, educators, scientists and many others with a professional interest in forestry. The Institute’s mission is to provide national leadership in forestry, promote competence among forestry professionals, and foster public awareness of Canadian and international forestry issues.
Co-located with the International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) World Congress
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the SAF National Convention CIF/IFC AGM & Conference - Society of American Foresters? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/08/2014 - 10/11/2014|
|Other Industries:||Agriculture, Agriculture - Horticulture|
|Audience:||Reach more than 4,000 forest management professionals and scientists Ã¯Â¿Â½ coming from all types of forestry-related fields, including forest operations, forest engineering, biology, ecology, wildlife management, aquatic restoration, social sciences, and more.|
|Venue:||Salt Palace Convention Center|
|Venue Phone:||(800) 541-4955|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Convention Center|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Hotel Information:|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://www.xcdsystem.com/saf/site14/travel...|
|Exhibit Floorplan:||Click Here|
|Show Manager:||Society of American Foresters|
|Prospectus PDF:||Download Exhibitor Prospectus PDF|
|Sponsorship Details:||By becoming a sponsor, your organization can help make these
events a success and together we can create a memorable
experience for all attendees.
Through sponsorship of this unique event, your organization will be promoted to over 4,000 participants, opening the door to new customers, collaborators, and supporters.
Multiple sponsorship levels are available, allowing all interested organizations to support
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|10' x 10' Standard Trade Exhibit||$1,950||Electricity:||n/a|
|Non-Profit Trade Exhibit||$1,600||Water:||n/a|
|10' x 20' Double Trade Exhibit||$3,350||Generator:||n/a|
|Customized Large Trade Exhibit||Contact for special pricing.||Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.