San Francisco , CA 94111 Location map
Hyatt Regency San Francisco
Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Clinicians - San Francisco
Now in its 19th year, Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Clinicians, continues to be the "go-to" course for prescriptive authority, whether you are making initial application or meeting the requirements for renewal. Many who have taken the course also return periodically for a "refresher" on what's new in pharmacotherapy.
With the advent of the affordable Care act and the spotlight on primary care, prevention and chronic disease management, advanced practice Clinicians will play a significant role in caring for the large volume of patients expected to impact our health care system. Knowledge about therapeutic effects, monitoring patient response, and managing side effects are all critical aspects of effective prescribing practices. Having prescriptive authority and being up-to-date on contemporary pharmacotherapy for acute and chronic conditions are essential for providing comprehensive care and competing in this changing health care environment.
Highlights & Benefits:
- A dynamic Preconference on Pediatric Pharmacology, focusing on medications and prescribing regimens specific to providing primary care for children.
- Experienced and knowledgeable clinical faculty with a relaxed and entertaining teaching style.
- A case-based approach to help you apply the content to clinical problems you face daily in your practice.
- 7 action-packed days of content, allowing you to meet many states' requirements with minimal time away from your life and practice.
- Daily registration for those with selective needs for renewing prescriptive authority or updating current knowledge in pharmacology.
- Inclusion of the California BRN Schedule II controlled Substances educational requirements at the San Francisco and Las Vegas courses.
San Francisco...one of the most fascinating, cosmopolitan and romantic cities in the world.
There is so much to see and do - explore Fisherman's Wharf with the frenetic energy of fishing boats, street performers and artists. Watch the African penguin feeding at the Steinhart Aquarium, the oldest grand municipal aquarium in America.
- Explain the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of a variety of drugs used to treat primary care conditions.
- Discuss pharmaceutical options and develop a therapeutic regimen that maximizes effectiveness while minimizing adverse reactions.
- Evaluate the response of the patient to the drugs and devices and implement appropriate action.
- Demonstrate clinical application of the pharmacology content through case study discussion.
- Provide appropriate patient education regarding drug therapy for a given disease state.
- Discuss the pharmacology of select dietary supplements and botanicals.
- Review the professional and legal aspects of prescribing and furnishing drugs.
Who Should Attend?
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Educators
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Clinicians - San Francisco.
Clinical Nurse Specialists
Exhibitor Information +