Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Now in its 19th year, Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Clinicians, continues to be the "go-to" course for prescriptive authority, whether you are making initial application or meeting the requirements for renewal. Many who have taken the course also return periodically for a "refresher" on what's new in pharmacotherapy.
With the advent of the affordable Care act and the spotlight on primary care, prevention and chronic disease management, advanced practice Clinicians will play a significant role in caring for the large volume of patients expected to impact our health care system. Knowledge about therapeutic effects, monitoring patient response, and managing side effects are all critical aspects of effective prescribing practices. Having prescriptive authority and being up-to-date on contemporary pharmacotherapy for acute and chronic conditions are essential for providing comprehensive care and competing in this changing health care environment.
Highlights & Benefits:
- A dynamic Preconference on Pediatric Pharmacology, focusing on medications and prescribing regimens specific to providing primary care for children.
- Experienced and knowledgeable clinical faculty with a relaxed and entertaining teaching style.
- A case-based approach to help you apply the content to clinical problems you face daily in your practice.
- 7 action-packed days of content, allowing you to meet many states' requirements with minimal time away from your life and practice.
- Daily registration for those with selective needs for renewing prescriptive authority or updating current knowledge in pharmacology.
- Inclusion of the California BRN Schedule II controlled Substances educational requirements at the San Francisco and Las Vegas courses.
Viva Las Vegas...it’s impossible to resist the excitement!
A Disneyland for adults? You bet … and Las Vegas is so much more! Dine at restaurants inspired by the world’s greatest collection of chefs - Wolfgang Puck, Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay and Thomas Keller, just to name a few. Treat yourself to a world-class show, including a choice of five Cirque du Soleil productions, the Blue Man Group and Jersey Boys. Make sure to also consider the variety of well-known headliners from the worlds of music, comedy and magic performing during your stay.
- Explain the pharmacodynamics and pharmacokinetics of a variety of drugs used to treat primary care conditions.
- Discuss pharmaceutical options and develop a therapeutic regimen that maximizes effectiveness while minimizing adverse reactions.
- Evaluate the response of the patient to the drugs and devices and implement appropriate action.
- Demonstrate clinical application of the pharmacology content through case study discussion.
- Provide appropriate patient education regarding drug therapy for a given disease state.
- Discuss the pharmacology of select dietary supplements and botanicals.
- Review the professional and legal aspects of prescribing and furnishing drugs.
Who Should Attend?
- Nurse Practitioners
- Certified Nurse-Midwives
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Physician Assistants
- Registered Nurses
- Nurse Educators
Don't wait to register for the Pharmacology for Advanced Practice Clinicians - Las Vegas. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||11/12/2013 - 11/17/2013|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Full Day event|
|Other Industries:||Clinical Pharmacology, Pharmaceutical, Professional Healthcare|
|Audience:||Who Should Attend?
Clinical Nurse Specialists
|Venue Phone:||(702) 785-5555|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Planet Hollywood|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://www.planethollywoodresort.com/...|
|Show Owner:||Contemporary Forums|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for Information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.