Online Event Location map
Performance Appraisal Toolbox: How to Prepare & Deliver Legal & Effective Appraisals
"This program, has been approved for 1 (General ) recertification credit hours toward PHR, SPHR and GPHR recertification through the HR Certification Institute. Please be sure to note the program ID number on your recertification application form. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org."
Description: It's often called the "most dreaded management task". It's the performance appraisal. How do you evaluate your employees performance without soft peddling the difficult stuff or being hypercritical and risking a defensive reaction?
In this program, Judi prepares managers & supervisors for this difficult, yet very important, job. Without a successful performance appraisal process, organizations can fall into the trap of "carrying" poor performers & tacitly endorsing substandard work. Judi shows leaders how to prepare for a performance appraisal, use behavioral, not attitudinal language, ensure legal compliance, and help employees set performance goals. She shows managers how to turn appraisal meetings into valuable give-and-take discussions and deal with defensive reactions and other negative behavior.
Why should you attend: To develop the skills to plan, write, and execute a performance appraisal document and sit-down meeting; to enable employees to assess performance, set goals, and develop new skills, knowledge, & competencies.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Keep an Employee Performance Log
- Use Log Notes to write appraisals
- Write annual performance goals
- Write performance improvement plans
- Prepare for an appraisal meeting
- Encourage employees to self-appraise
- Encourage employees to appraise you
- Encourage employees to set annual performance goals
- Encourage employees to identify areas for improvement and/or development
- Anticipate & manage employee defensiveness, anger, or other emotions
- Ensure the appraisal process has "no surprises"
There may be many networking opportunities at the Performance Appraisal Toolbox: How to Prepare & Deliver Legal & Effective Appraisals. Find out more in the event details below.
Human Resource Professionals
Customer Service Providers & Managers
Front Line Employees
Exhibitor Information +