Buford , GA 30518 Location map
Lake Lanier Islands Resort
PCOS is one of the most critical, underserved, under-diagnosed and underfunded conditions affecting women's health. PCOS is a complex hormonal, metabolic and reproductive disorder that affects 10 percent of women of reproductive age. It is a leading cause of female infertility and has devastating effects on women's and girls' self esteem and social development due to symptoms including: excess facial hair growth, acne, hair loss, depression and obesity. Women with PCOS constitute the largest group of women at risk for cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. The National Institutes of Health estimates that 50 percent of women with PCOS will become diabetic or pre-diabetic by age 40. Some studies have also shown women with PCOS to be at higher risk for suicide as well as endometrial, ovarian and breast cancer.
The PCOS symposium will help healthcare professionals treating patients with PCOS and those affected by the condition learn more about PCOS, treatment options and how to minimize related health risks.
Some of the topics covered include:
- PCOS Research Updates
- Identifying and Addressing Practice Gaps in PCOS
- Addressing PCOS Diagnosis and Treatment Challenges
- PCOS Diet, Nutrition, Exercise and Lifestyle Management
- Naturopathic and Integrative Care Approaches to PCOS
- PCOS in Teens and Adolescents: Early Diagnosis and Intervention
- The PCOS-Diabetes Connection: Prevention and Management
- Preventing Cardiovascular Diseases in Women with PCOS
- PCOS and Fertility
- Managing the Psychological Impacts of PCOS
- Dermatologic Implications of PCOS
- Health Insurance Coverage Options for Women with PCOS
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the PCOS Symposium? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
PCOS Challenge, Inc.
Exhibitor Information +