On June 14, 2016, the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) published its final rule substantially revising the sex discrimination guidelines for federal contractors and subcontractors. The new rule brings the OFCCP regulations to sex discrimination guidelines implemented in 1970 “from the ‘Mad Men’ era to the modern era.”
The final rule applies to any business or organization that
(1) holds a single federal contract, subcontract or federally assisted construction contract in excess of $10,000;
(2) has federal contracts or subcontracts that, combined, total in excess of $10,000 in any 12-month period; or
(3) holds government bills of lading, serves as a depository of federal funds, or is an issuing and paying agency for U.S. savings bonds and notes in any amount.
The new rules come into effect August 15, 2016, so it’s important to consider the impact to your organization now. Important changes to the final rule include: Fair pay practices, Pregnancy, and Gender identity. The rule also outlines additional areas of gender discrimination such as stereotypes and the use of subjective job criteria.
The OFCCP sex discrimination rule, which is expected to impact 65 million contract employees, including 30 million female contract workers, outlines the steps federal contractors and subcontractors must take to ensure that gender-based wage discrimination does not occur in their workplaces. This development marks the first time these OFCCP guidelines have been updated since 1970.
Why Should You Attend:
The implementation of the Final Rule continues a growing trend toward increased protections for workers based on sex and gender, including pregnancy and sex stereotyping.
Although the updated Sex Discrimination Guidelines may not change the existing practices of many federal government contractors and subcontractors, they are yet another indication of OFCCP’s continued focus on gender issues, including but not limited to, gender-based pay discrimination.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
• A detailed review of the changes to the §60–20rule
• Which employers and industries are affected by the OFCCP sex discrimination guidelines
• Major rule changes and how to alter policies associated with the rule
• What classifies as sex-based discrimination
• The benefits these guidelines provide for employers and employees
• Anticipated costs associated with getting in compliance
• Best practices to consider to ensure a gender based discrimination free environment
• Understanding the final rule and its impact on organizations
• What discrimination means in light of this new rule
• How to review current organizational practice in order to prevent a condition subject to a claim of discrimination
Who Will Benefit:
• Corporate Stakeholders
• Risk Management Professionals
• Compliance Programs
• HR Teams
• Recruiting Teams
Cathleen Hampton has more than 25 years of experience as a human resources professional providing subject matter expertise and consulting services in areas of risk and compliance, work force planning, and human capital strategy. She has a unique ability to analyze operations for risk and help maneuver cultural practices and compliance enhancements that increase organizational outcomes. She is a well-known speaker noted for presenting best-in-practice solutions focused on talent retention and operational strategies that outpaced major completion through strong and decisive business leadership.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the OFCCP Sex Discrimination Guidelines/Regulations 2016- By Compliance Global Inc..
|Conference/Event Dates:||08/26/2016 - 08/26/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Human Resources|
|Other Industries:||Business, Human Resources|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Session for one participant Price: $155.00|
Risk Management Professionals
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.