Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, collectively known as Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD), are considered chronic and lifelong conditions that are characterized by alternating periods of active symptomatic disease and periods of remission. IBD is one of the five most prevalent gastrointestinal disease burdens in the United States, with an overall health care cost of more than $1.7 billion and it is estimated that more than one million people in the United States are affected by the disease. Because IBD is a lifelong condition, the importance of establishing and maintaining symptom control and remission is critical to minimizing complications. The treatment of active IBD has improved considerably, but a high rate of relapse is still associated with the disease, and maintaining remission can prove challenging to providers.
The New Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Disease conference will highlight the latest concepts in the diagnosis and treatment of IBD. Disease complications, social and psychological side effects, special population considerations, and surgical options will also be discussed. The course will be taught by nationally known experts who are actively involved in clinical trials and studies related to the management of Crohn’s and colitis. Physicians will be provided with the necessary context to integrate the relevant information into their practices to improve the quality of life for their afflicted patients.
This course is designed for gastroenterologists, gastroenterology nurses, internists, colorectal surgeons and allied health professionals involved in the care of patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
- Plenary talks from industry leading experts
- Extended question and answer time with expert faculty
- Interactive case presentations and discussion
- Endoscopic video learning sessions
- Nursing and patient education track
- A mobile app will provide you with access to conference course materials from the convenience of your mobile device or computer
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Summarize recent clinical trial data regarding the next generation of therapies in inflammatory bowel disease
- Incorporate new diagnostic methods into practice for inflammatory bowel disease
- Evaluate current and future treatment and therapy options for inflammatory bowel disease
- Assess surgical options for the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease
- Appraise the role of biologics in the treatment of inflammatory bowel disease
- Recognize the various social and psychological side effects of patients and utilize psychosocial tools in the management of inflammatory bowel disease
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the New Advances in Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
|Conference/Event Dates:||09/06/2014 - 09/07/2014|
|Other Industries:||Gastroenterology, Professional Healthcare|
|Audience:||This course is designed for gastroenterologists, gastroenterology nurses,
internists, colorectal surgeons and allied health professionals involved in the care of patients with Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD).
|Venue:||Hilton San Diego Resort|
|Venue Phone:||(800) 445-8667|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.