Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
The Neuromuscular Ultrasound course focuses on applications in muscle disease, peripheral and cranial nerve imaging, and introduction to the use of ultrasound in evaluating musculoskeletal disorders. Lectures are integrated with hands-on demonstrations of technique and case interpretation. A small group format facilitates questions and answers and tailors the educational experience to meet the specific needs of individual participants. It is in real-time use of the instrument that the practitioner recognizes the importance of this type of basic knowledge and it is in this context that they can apply this knowledge to troubleshoot difficult imaging cases, identify artifacts, and improve resolution at the bedside.
Francis Walker, MD, Director; Michael Cartwright, MD, Coordinator
At the conclusion of this continuing medical education activity, the participant should be better able to:
- Define terms of ultrasound and demonstrate application of the principles while imaging neuromuscular structures.
- Identify upper extremity, lower extremity, and cranial musculature, and the visible boundaries that distinguish muscle groups in these areas.
- Recognize loss of heterogeneity, fasciculations, hyperechoic changes, hypertrophy and other common pathologic changes in affected human muscles.
- Identify the median, radial, and ulnar nerves in the upper extremity, and areas of the sural, peroneal and tibial nerves in the lower extremity, and to recognize common anatomic variants and pathologic abnormalities of these nerves.
- Discuss indications for appropriate use of ultrasound imaging, factors that could complicate interpretation, and clinical situations where ultrasound imaging is particularly contributory to addressing clinical problems.
There may be many networking opportunities at the Neuromuscular Ultrasound. Find out more in the event details below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||04/09/2015 - 04/10/2015|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8:00 - 5:00|
|Other Industries:||Neurology, Professional Healthcare, Radiology|
|Cost to Attend:||$950|
|Audience:||physicians and non-physicians|
|Venue:||Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center|
|Venue Phone:||(336) 716-2011|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Other|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.