Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
On behalf of the NIDCAP Federation International (NFI) and Contemporary Forums, we'd like to invite you to the 29th annual "Neonatal Developmental & Behavioral Care" conference (formerly "Developmental Interventions in Neonatal Care").
The NFI and Contemporary Forums have joined together to collaborate on bringing you this outstanding program, putting together national experts and NIDCAP leaders to discuss interprofessional strategies for providing individualized, developmentally supportive and family-centered care for fragile infants.
Evidence continues to show that the cascade of ongoing stimuli in the NICU significantly affects the neuromotor and neurosensory development of sick and premature infants. The science of developmental care has become increasingly sophisticated, challenging the developmental team to examine current practices and consider changes that may improve outcomes. The multidisciplinary faculty from the fields of medicine, nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, psychology, and speech pathology will help you translate the research in this field into practical, advanced strategies for supporting the fragile infant's developmental and behavioral needs. Join us at this conference to hear cutting-edge approaches for making a difference in the lives of these fragile infants and their families.
About the NFI
The NIDCAP Federation International (NFI) promotes the Newborn Individualized Developmental Care and Assessment Program (NIDCAP) in hospitals around the world. It facilitates training that supports the growth and development of newborns, especially those born prematurely, and to improve the quality of their care and the support for their families.
Formed in 2001, the NFI is a private, non-profit, charitable organization committed to providing the highest quality of education and training for professionals who provide care for infants in newborn intensive care nurseries and support their families. With the goal of optimizing health and developmental outcome, the NFI aspires for all newborns and families to receive hospital care and assessment in the relationship based, family integrated NIDCAP model. The NFI assures the quality of NIDCAP education, training and certification for professionals and hospital systems, and advances the philosophy and science of such care. The NFI serves as the authoritative leader for research, development, and dissemination of the Newborn Individualized Developmental Care and Assessment Program (NIDCAP) and for the certification of trainers, health care professionals, and nurseries in the NIDCAP approach.
Join the NFI now and qualify for the $30 discount on the Main Conference tuition. (Please enter the code DNFI13 on the payment page when registering online. Membership will be verified.) Go to www.nidcap.org/membership to become a member today!
New OrleansThe soul of New Orleans is thriving!
The birthplace of Jazz and festive home of Mardi Gras, New Orleans provides an exciting, colorful setting for the conference. Stroll through the picturesque French Quarter and view quaint Italian courtyards, sculpted fountains and sprawling Victorian mansions. Venture to Bourbon Street, the historic street at the center of the French Quarter, known for its lively music scene, folklore, mystery and iconic architecture, as well as its famous night life... and SO MUCH MORE!
Highlights & Benefits
- Multiple Preconferences focusing on a variety of issues related to developmental care.
- Premier, multidisciplinary faculty members eager to share their experience and practices with you.
- A number of "Hot Topics," including neuroprotection of the developing brain, infant mental health issues, impact of the NICU environment, short and long-term outcomes, feeding issues, supporting attachment, and the parenting experience.
- 20 concurrent sessions, arranged in tracks from basic to advanced, addressing key concepts in the developmental support of the fragile infant.
- Practical, evidence-based strategies and approaches which you can take home and apply immediately in your NICU.
- Networking opportunities for building professional relationships, sharing your stories, and appreciating the unique culture that is New Orleans!
- Identify evidence-based guidelines and key components of providing individualized, developmental support to premature and sick infants and their families.
- Focus on infant mental health, recognizing behavioral and environmental factors which influence outcomes.
- Discuss brain development in fragile infants and describe neuroprotective strategies.
- Examine techniques for building collaborative care relationships with parents of sick infants.
- Discuss the economics of developmental care as it relates to improving quality and outcomes.
- Describe best practices when implementing individualized developmental care in your NICU.
If the Neonatal Developmental & Behavioral Care is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||11/06/2013 - 11/09/2013|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Full Day Event|
|Other Industries:||Pediatrics, Professional Healthcare|
|Audience:||Who Should Attend?
Anyone involved in the care of high-risk newborns including:
Clinical Nurse Specialists
Speech - Language Pathologists
Child Life Specialists
|Venue:||New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center|
|Venue Phone:||(504) 613-2888|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||New Orleans Downtown Marriott at the Convention Center|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/msymc-new-orleans-downtown-marri...|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for Information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.