Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
More regulatory agencies are now specifying requirements for test and calibration results to be supported by Traceability of Measurement that conforms to ILAC P10. Regulators now believe that Traceability of Measurement is a fundamental concept for the results they receive in support of either policy development or enforcement.
In order to continue to serve their markets, laboratories must be accredited and even those that are not must demonstrate competence in Traceability, Calibration and Uncertainty of Measurement. Besides these being knowledge requirements for accreditation, they are specified in regulations that do not yet demand accreditation.
- Does your laboratory understand Traceability of Measurement?
- Does your laboratory understand the Traceability components of Calibration and Uncertainty?
- Can you demonstrate the competent propagation of Uncertainties that is the process of Calibration?
This course is about the basic approaches used by testing laboratories to establish Traceability of Measurement by estimating the uncertainties for tests and internal calibrations. This two-day course examines the requirements and policies that underlie the need from regulators for traceability and the uncertainties associated with tests and internal calibrations as defined by ISO/IEC 17025. It is based on the system and technical requirements of that standard. It contains easy-to-understand approaches to preparing and estimating all contributions to the overall uncertainties associated with accredited tests and calibrations.
Upon completing this course participants should:
- understand the traceability, calibration and uncertainty requirements from ISO/IEC 17025;
- understand the basic concepts surrounding traceability, calibration, and uncertainty;
- understand the basic approaches to estimating uncertainties of measurement;
- understand the concept of data models;
- identify the contributors of uncertainty associated with tests and calibrations;
- identify the steps to be taken in estimating uncertainties for most basic types of measurements;
- conduct estimations of uncertainty for the measurements conducted in their own laboratory.
- appreciate the science behind the approaches to be used in internal calibration;
- understand the requirements for estimating uncertainties for internal calibration;
- understand the processes to be followed for internal calibration, and
- demonstrate an ability to propagate uncertainties in internal calibration
Who will Benefit:
This course is designed for people who work in a testing or calibration laboratory and who participate in the operation of that laboratory.
- Conducting testing or calibration
- Supporting laboratory activities
- Managing the laboratory quality system
- Training laboratory staff
- Managing the laboratory
- Writing procedures
- Conducting QA/QC
- Preparing standards
- Purchasing calibration services
This course will also benefit regulatory professionals who write specifications for laboratories accredited to provide results in their specific programs, such as environmental, safety, food or health programs.
- Regulatory professionals
- Compliance professionals
- Production supervisors
- Manufacturing engineers
- Production engineers
- Design engineers
- Process owners
- Quality engineers
- Quality auditors
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Meeting ILAC Requirements for Measurement Traceability to the SI through NIST and other National Metrology Institutes: 2-Day In-Person Seminar? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/11/2016 - 10/12/2016|
|Conference/Event Hours:||8:30 AM to 4:30 PM|
|Other Industries:||Business, Sciences|
|Cost to Attend:||One Registration: $1699|
|Audience:||onducting testing or calibration
Supporting laboratory activities
Managing the laboratory quality system
Training laboratory staff
Managing the laboratory
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.