Because the Anti-Kickback Statute is so broad it what it proscribes, healthcare organizations, conducting what would be normal Healthcare marketing strategies in other industries, have run afoul of the Statute on numerous occasions. The Statute and the regulations only tell part of the story.
Why Should You Attend:
If your organization, be it a hospital, physician practice, DME provider, or any other provider offering healthcare services or supplies, engages in marketing its product or services, care must be taken to ensure that the organization does not run afoul of the Anti-Kickback Statute. This webinar will review not only the Statute itself, and the safe harbors, but will also critique the case law, OIG advisory opinions, and OIG compliance guidance to help you understand what you can and cannot do with engaging in healthcare marketing.
When you finish this webinar, you should have a good understanding of what you can and cannot do with regard to marketing activities. The penalties for not conducting a marketing program correctly can be severe, including exclusion, civil monetary penalties and even criminal prosecution.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
• A brief review of the Anti-Kickback Statute, what it is and what is prohibited
• A brief review of the safe harbors that relate to marketing activities
• A review of the OIG advisory opinions as they relate to marketing
• A review of OIG compliance guidance as it relates to marketing
• An overview of case law relating to marketing activities
• Strategies that should be taken to preclude liability
• Understand the implications of the federal fraud and abuse laws
• The implications of the Anti-Kickback Statute, as they relate to Medicaid beneficiaries
Who Will Benefit:
• Hospital Executives
• Physicians, including Dentists, Podiatrists and Chiropractors
• Physician Practice Executives
• DME Provider Executives
• Ancillary Service Providers
• Ancillary Service Provider Executives
• Attorneys representing any and all of the above
William Mack Copeland, MS, JD, PhD, LFACHE, practices health care law in Cincinnati at the firm of Copeland Law, LLC, where he is president and CEO.
A graduate of Northern Kentucky University Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Bill is a frequent author and speaker on health law topics. He is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, American, Ohio and Cincinnati Bar Associations.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
There may be many networking opportunities at the Marketing to Medicare or Medicaid Beneficiaries - What You Can and Cannot Do - By Compliance Global Inc.. Find out more in the event details below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/26/2016 - 10/26/2016|
|Other Industries:||Business, Marketing, Medical Business & Administration|
Physicians, including Dentists, Podiatrists and Chiropractors
Physician Practice Executives
DME Provider Executives
Ancillary Service Providers
Ancillary Service Provider Executives
Attorneys representing any and all of the above
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.