This webinar will explain how to design and administer monitoring and auditing programs to ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations to avoid penalties. It will discuss some of the most common exceptions under the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
Why Should You Attend:
HIPAA ‘covered entities’ (providers, health plans, and clearinghouses) and ‘business associates’ should implement and maintain sound monitoring and auditing practices. Those practices should help covered entities and business associates avoid or reduce the risk of civil or criminal sanctions for HIPAA violations. The new leadership of the Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights (OCR) has been very visible and vocal about the new HIPAA enforcement tone from the OCR.
This webinar will address aspects of the enforcement rule from a practical perspective; particularly the interpretation of ‘willful neglect’ under the civil sanctions provision. In addition, the difference between a ‘breach’ and an ‘incident’ will be addressed.
The focus of monitoring and auditing efforts will vary, based on specific provisions of the HIPAA/HITECH laws. For example, the Privacy Rule requirements relate closely to behaviors of many different groups of employees, including clinicians, allied health practitioners, business office workers, information technology staff, volunteers and so on.
Periodic reports on the HIPAA compliance program should be provided to the governing body and senior management. This session will include examples of suggested reporting ‘metrics’ for those groups.
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Key areas to monitor or audit to demonstrate ‘good faith’ compliance efforts
- Difference between a ‘breach’ and an ‘incident’
- How to use an OCR ‘Resolution Agreement’ for a monitoring or auditing plan
- Tips to help your workforce identify and speak up about possible HIPAA violations
- Highlights of some of the most common exceptions under the HIPAA Privacy Rule
- Recommendations for follow-up steps based on audit findings
- Suggestions for working with Human Resources based on monitoring or audit results.
Who Will Benefit:
- Privacy Officer
- Security Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- HIPAA Officer
- Compliance Officer
- Chief Information Officer
- Health Information Manager
- Healthcare Counsel/lawyer
- Office Manager
- Contracts Manager
- Supervisors and Managers who use or disclose protected health information
- Lawyers and auditors who advise clients on HIPAA compliance
Note: Use coupon code 232082 and get 10% off on registration.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Maintaining Continuous HIPAA Compliance through Effective Monitoring and Auditing Practices? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||04/30/2015 - 04/30/2015|
|Conference/Event Hours:||10:00 PM PDT | 03:00 PM EDT|
|Primary Industry:||Healthcare General|
|Other Industries:||Healthcare General, Professional Healthcare|
|Cost to Attend:||$199.00 One Dial-in One Attendee|
Information Systems Manager
Chief Information Officer
Health Information Manager
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.