Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
ProAct Safety has successfully certified over one thousand Internal Consultants across every major industry. The Lean BBS Internal Consultant Certification Workshop is designed for organizations that desire to internalize and sustain their own approach to Behavior-Based Safety (BBS).
This intensive, highly interactive workshop will fully qualify attendees to return to their organizationsand design a customized plan to strategically implement or improve an existing Behavior-Based Safety process. This approach is ideal for companies who want to maximize their own ability to implement the most effective and efficient approach to BBS, regardless of challenging industry or logistics; or who want to ensure a proven approach to find new sustainable results while minimizing outside costs.
Creating Internal Capabilities
This workshop will train participants to utilize ProAct Safety's proven Lean BBS methodologies for facilitating an implementation. Most importantly, it will prepare the attendees to anticipate and address the issues that can challenge the success to Behavior-Based Safety approaches. Participants will be able to identify opportunities to minimize the perception of change, achieve the quickest success possible, and ensure long-term process sustainability.
This approach is not a train-the-trainer course, nor is it intended to teach individuals to simply deliver training on Behavior-Based Safety. Every site will have its own unique challenges and cultures. To allow the internal consultants the most opportunities for success, it is extremely important they understand and internalize the strategies to identify the site-specific variables that have become, or could become, problematic barriers.
Lean BBS utilizes aspects of performance and quality systems to drastically reduce the typical internal resource requirements of a Behavior-Based Safety process. Lean Behavior-Based Safety® focuses on leveraged use of resources resulting in quicker and more sustainable results in a shorter time, with less disruption to operations, and less resistance from workers and unions.
Participants will leave this workshop with the knowledge and skills to:
- Conduct an assessment to determine site readiness
- Strategically plan a custom implementation of BBS
- Appropriately select steering team members and observers
- Manage and coach the team through a BBS implementation or expansion
- Ensure site leaders understand the process and adapt the process to the specific needs and culture of the site
- Develop a site-specific checklist or focus of behaviors and precautions which will have the greatest impact on accident prevention
- Choose from multiple observation and feedback strategies to ensure a customized approach that best fits their organization and challenges
- Build a management-support infrastructure to ensure long-term success
- Hold kickoff activities to start the BBS process
- Monitor and audit the process to keep it on course
- Continuously improve the process
- Change Management: The psychology of resistance to change, and how to avoid creating resistance
- Culture Change Strategies - A Best Practices Approach
- Advanced Assessment Strategies - Developing Quick Wins
- Building understanding and support for the BBS process prior to assessment or implementation
- Strategic options for implementation that customize the process for the site culture
Re-energize Your Existing BBS Process
Unfortunately, it is common to see the results from many traditional Behavioral Safety processes plateau after the first two to three years of operation. At that point, the process can become routine and lose the original result-based orientation. The successes that motivated the process early-on disappear and the entire process tends to slowly lose momentum. Successful Behavior-Based Safety processes do not typically fade away, but can be much less effective than they are capable of being. This is the perfect time for BBS process improvement. Improvement strategies can accomplish several important objectives:
- Attain the next step in accident-reduction results through better targeting
- Increase the level of expertise in the personnel active in the process
- Integrate new techniques to enhance existing observation and data analysis strategies
- Re-energize the process utilizing Lean BBS techniques to improve results and increase employee participation
- Reduce manpower requirements to maintain the process
- Assess the existing Behavior-Based Safety process for foundations to build on
- Make more efficient use of site leaders and steering teams
- Narrow the focus of the checklist to improve efficiency
- Focus observations where they will produce the best results
- Learn tactics for continuous process improvement to ensure process sustainability
Certification through ProAct Safety, Inc. is valid for 3 years following the workshop. Internal Consultants must attend refresher training to maintain their certification and discover advances in approaches. All locations where Internal Consultants implement Behavior-Based Safety processes must be covered by the Training Materials License agreement.
If the Lean Behavior-Based Safety Certification Workshop is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/21/2014 - 10/23/2014|
|Other Industries:||Business, Safety|
|Venue:||Hyatt Market Street|
|Venue Phone:||(281) 203-5005|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Number of Exhibitors:||0|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.