Online Event Location map
Labor and Employment Law Issues Related to Social Networking - By Compliance Global Inc.
Many employers are now using social media in the recruitment process. They may use Facebook, LinkedIn, or CareerBuilding to advertise that they are looking for a particular candidate. Candidates as well post they are looking for certain positions, and you may look through the social media as a source to candidates.
Why Should You Attend:
Employers who use social media will find that they may be violating rules under the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), regulations from the Federal Trade commission, the Genetic Information Non-discrimination Act, the National Labor Relations Act, the Health Insurance and Portability Act, social media Labor Law, social media Employment Law, social recruiting, social media employment laws and state security requirements, and many other laws. Disciplining employees for their comments on social media can be a minefield. Not disciplining employees for their comments on social media can be a minefield. What is an employer to do regarding social media and employment?
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
- Identification of social media.
- Why social networking has become the human resource professional’s latest friend.
- Why social networking has become the human resource professional’s latest enemy
- The National Labor Relations Board’s position on disciplining employees for statement made on social networking sites
- The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority’s position on social networking
- The Federal Trade Commission’s guidelines regarding businesses using social media for endorsement purposes
- What GINA says about social networking and obtaining employees’ genetic information
- When can a human resource professional use information on social networking sites in conducting background checks
- What policies you should consider to protect your company from inappropriate comments on social networking sites
- How to protect your company’s reputation from the disgruntled ex-employee who takes to social networking sites for revenge
Who Will Benefit:
- Human Resource Managers
- Employee Relation Officer
- Payroll Department
Susan Fahey Desmond is a shareholder with Jackson Lewis PC. She has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law for 30 years. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America for labor and employment law and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America's leading business lawyers
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
There may be many networking opportunities at the Labor and Employment Law Issues Related to Social Networking - By Compliance Global Inc.. Find out more in the event details below.
Employee Relation Officer
Compliance Global Inc.
Exhibitor Information +