Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
IUNC Middle East & Africa (18-21 of Apr, 2015) is devoted to Internationalizing Higher Education (IHE) in Africa and the Middle East, embracing the economically diverse MENA region, the extremely ambitious BRICS education market player South Africa and other African countries that have entered the global HE market or are on the way of doing so.
IUNC Africa & Middle East will take place on April 18-21, 2015 in the bewildering ultramodern city of Dubai and will act as a breakthrough international networking platform for connecting more than 150 universities, colleges, language schools and educational service providers from around the globe for sharing expertise and setting solid cooperation ties.The state-of-the-art conference meeting e-scheduler makes it possible to pre-schedule the appointments with suitable parties easily and efficiently.
Taking into account that the Middle East and Africa are increasingly making their mark on the overall QS World University Rankings with Saudi universities scoring high in the engineering rankings and South Africa featuring strongly in the arts and social sciences rankings, this conference will give you a vast scope of cooperation and networking opportunities.
Education is at the crossroads for the future of the Middle East and Africa, playing a crucial role in promoting economic growth and reflecting the aspirations for a successful integration into the global economy in an ever changing world. Given the rapid expansion of the higher education sector in the region, new domestic institutions and branch campuses of overseas institutions emerge, resulting in the potential for greater international collaboration and educational reform.
Comprehensive conference workshops will cover the groundbreaking approaches and diverse ways of marketing your institution in these high-potential regions by “branching out” i.e. setting up branch campuses and issuing degrees to students staying in a country other than home country.
The trend to establish branch campuses overseas is growing rapidly with the number of international branch campuses increasing up to 200 across the world (and more being added every year), while Africa and the Middle East have been recognized as particular branch campus hot spots.
There are a number of advantages of branching out, among which:
- Tuition fees and living costs are often lower at branch campuses compared to the main campus of the university, which makes it more attractive for local students wishing to have a global experience.
- In addition to the benefits for individual students, branch campuses also have advantages for countries. With many nations facing ‘brain drain’, international branch campuses can mean retaining more top students.
- Healthy competition tends to lead to an increase in standards at other local universities – in turn benefitting students.
Africa is considered a region of particular interest, as its university system is fast-changing, with new institutions being launched and old ones reformed; its strengths include strong international connections as well as productive and well-regarded research. South Africa’s universities, in particular, are consistently good at attracting international students and staff, in line with its mission of African leadership in higher education.
IUNC Africa & Middle East will connect you to the highly talented scholars from diverse academic fields while also unfolding the award-winning education marketing techniques and profound knowledge about global HE.
Ultimately IUNC Africa & Middle East will lead to creation of deeper linkages between MENA HEIs and other institutions around the world to facilitate knowledge sharing, research collaboration, and institutional capacity building.
Participation in IUNC will lead to a deeper and more transparent understanding of the wide range of institutions in the Middle East and African regions and how best to engage with them at a national, regional and global level.
Fuel your inspiration for international collaboration with up to 40 prescheduled meetings and a number of exciting expert and peer-led sessions!
There may be many networking opportunities at the IUNC Middle East & Africa 2015. Find out more in the event details below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||04/18/2015 - 04/21/2015|
|Primary Industry:||Education Events|
|Other Industries:||Education, Education Events|
|Cost to Attend:||http://iunc.net/conference/registration/10|
|Audience:||Educators (universities, academies, institutes, colleges, language schools*):
- Vice chancellors for international relations;
- management of university international departments;
- international marketing professionals of universities, academies, institutes, university colleges;
- country development and regional managers of the institutions;
* language schools who have proposition to cooperate with universities
State and NGO educational organizations
- State agencies (organization) for promotion of education for foreigners;
- Representatives of Ministry of Education and Science;
Other companies involved in HE sphere:
- event and exhibition organizers,
- Educational Testing Services (IELTS, TOEFL, etc),
- online student recruitment platforms and websites
- other companies which are interested in international higher education market.
|Venue:||Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort|
|Venue Phone:||(971) 439-9111 x1|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.