Salt Lake City , UT 84101 Location map
Salt Palace Convention Center
IUFRO World Congress - International Union of Forest Research Organizations
Sustaining Forests, Sustaining PeopleThe Role of Research
The Largest Forest Management Expo in the United States is happening at the combined International Union of Forest Research Organizations (IUFRO) World Congress and Society of American Foresters (SAF) National Convention and Canadian Institute of Forestry’s Annual General Meeting.
The 2014 International Union of Forest Research Organizations World Congress combined with the Society of American Foresters’ 94th Annual Convention and the Canadian Institute of Forestry’s Annual Meeting will be one of the largest collection of leading forestland managers, scientists, and decision makers in one location. This unique opportunity will position your organization before a diverse domestic and global audience interested in many dimensions of managing natural resources, sustainability, and research.
Through exhibiting and sponsorship, your organization will be promoted to the expected 4,500 participants, opening the door to new customers, collaborators, and supporters. Multiple sponsorship levels are available. Benefits for our sponsors include opportunities to attend meetings, space for exhibition booths, and enhanced marketing and promotion.
You should sponsor, exhibit, or advertise if you provide:
• Aerial photography and equipment
• Animal control products
• Arborist and urban forestry supplies
• Biomass, bioenergy, and biofuels
• Carbon accounting and offsets
• Clothing and equipment for field-going professionals
• Terrestrial and non-terrestrial communication equipment
• Computer software and equipment
• Ecological restoration and regeneration services
• Employment opportunities (public and private)
• Environmental services
• Erosion control products
• Field Markers and signs
• Field testing and diagnostic equipment
• Finance, insurance, or investment services
• Fire control management services and equipment
• Forestry consulting services
• Forestry education
• Forest information management systems
• Forestry-related publications and research
• GPS equipment and services
• Handheld data collectors
• Harvesting and logging equipment
• Herbicides, fertilizers, and chemical applications
• Imaging and spatial analysis software and related hardware
• Laptop PCs - hardened or rugged
• Laboratory and field diagnostic equipment
• Measurement, survey, and analysis tools
• Recreation apparel and footwear
• Remote sensing and satellite imagery
• Research-support equipment
• Safety equipment
• Seeds, seedlings, and seeding services
• Tree care and maintenance products and services
• Tree paint and markers
• Tree shelters and protectors
• Water measurement and analysis tools
• Weather measurement and analysis tools
• Wellness products to support healthy lifestyles
The International Union of Forest Research Organizations is the World’s Forest Science Network. It unites more than 15,000 scientists in 650 member organizations in over 120 countries. Its members include government research institutions, universities, individual scientists, non-governmental organizations, decision making authorities, forest landowners, corporations, and others with a focus on forests. Pursuing a greener, sustainable future for humanity is at the core of IUFRO’s activities worldwide. As the largest global network of researchers focused on forests – stretching from tropical to boreal regions – IUFRO’s members are at the forefront of creating knowledge to sustain forests and support people’s well-being.
The Society of American Foresters challenges landowners, decisionmakers and society at large to make choices about our forests based on professional knowledge, leading-edge thinking and a century of practical experience. SAF seeks viable pathways forward, balancing diverse demands on our natural resources and sets the standard in forest management, bringing science, best practice and the best people together to actively shape the future of the profession. With a focus on thriving forests, essential resources and a strong community, SAF unites 12,000 members, representing all U.S. states and from 60 different countries.
The Canadian Institute of Forestry is the Canadian national voice of forest practitioners. Formed in 1908, the Institute represents foresters, forest technologists and technicians, ecologists, biologists, geographers, educators, scientists and many others with a professional interest in forestry. The Institute’s mission is to provide national leadership in forestry, promote competence among forestry professionals, and foster public awareness of Canadian and international forestry issues.
Co-located with the SAF National Convention CIF/IFC AGM & Conference
The World Congress is held every five years.
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the IUFRO World Congress - International Union of Forest Research Organizations.
Society of American Foresters
5400 Grosvenor Lane
Bethesda, MD 20814-2198
(866) 897-8720 x110
International Union of Forest Research Organizations
Exhibitor Information +