Santa Maria , CA 93454 Location map
Santa Maria High School
International Cultural Proficiency Institute
The Cultural Proficiency Institute is designed to bring educators and other professionals together to discuss critical issues of diversity, equity and opportunity. Throughout the Institute, participants use reflection and dialogue to guide the examination of their values and behaviors and their organizations' policies and practices.
Participate in this institute and you will:
- Deepen their understanding of the specific tools of Cultural Proficiency
- Use the Tools of Cultural Proficiency to support and inform the development of LCAP (local control accountability plan)
- Build a new school community model
- Learn tools and strategies to address the achievement gap through creating greater accountability
- Engage with other Cultural Proficiency practitioners and build a community around the work
- Participate in "Voice from the Field" sessions with professionals that are using the Cultural Proficiency framework
- Interact with award-winning Cultural Proficiency authors and renowned speakers
The theme of this year's International Cultural Proficiency Institute is:
Courage to Change
“Be bold and mighty forces will come to your aid. In the past, whenever I had fallen short in almost any undertaking, it was seldom because I had tried and failed. It was because I had let fear of failure stop me from trying at all.”
- Arthur Gordon
Let not the fear of initiating change keep you from doing the right thing. Cultural Proficiency challenges us to begin within ourselves to have the courage to follow our heart. Knowing what is right means nothing unless you have the resolve to put what you know into action. Then and only then can we bring about change in the world.
Please View some videos from our Cultural Proficiency Presenters
Join the event on Facebook
Join the event on Google+
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the International Cultural Proficiency Institute.
Exhibitor Information +