Seattle , WA 98101 Location map
The Westin Seattle
Intensive Breast Ultrasound: A Histopathologically Based Approach to Diagnostic & Screening Breast Ultrasound
Dr. Thomas Stavros, author of Breast Ultrasound, Dr. Kevin Kelly, along with supporting faculty present standard and emerging breast imaging techniques for both early detection and diagnosis of breast cancer. The emphasis will be on the macroscopic histology and pathology, correlated with the sonographic appearance of benign and malignant abnormalities (contrasted with pattern recognition techniques). Sessions will be augmented by a three-stage learning process of (1) conventional didactic fomat (with PowerPoint slides and illustrative images); (2) simulated real-time scanning review (checkpoints) of selected sessions with high-resolution cine presentations on computer workstations (one for every two attendees); (3) review automated whole breast ultrasound and automated 3-D ultrasound cases on workstations; (4) hands-on, faculty-mentored workshops. Supplementary screening materials and other new developments in breast ultrasound are also presented. This course is recommended for Radiologists, Surgeons, Sonographers and Mammography Technologists with better-than-average skill in breast ultrasound, and an interest in improving those skills in screening for, and diagnosing breast cancer.
Upon completion of this conference, the participant will be able to:
- Appreciate the emerging ultrasound technologies and their important role in breast cancer detection and diagnosis
- Understand the pathological basis for various sonographic findings seen in daily practice, and recognize and characterize areas of interest
- Recognize and distinguish findings as pathologic or not, and predict whether identified lesions are benign or malignant
- Demonstrate skill in ultrasound detection of abnormalities during real-time scanning
- Perform diagnostic evaluations using a wide range of ultrasound techniques
- Understand the developing role of ultrasound in screening for breast cancer, especially in patients with dense breast tissue
- Demonstrate greater competence in ultrasound-guided breast biopsy
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of World Class CME and BUE LLC. World Class CME is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
World Class CME designates this live activity for a maximum of 26 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
There may be many networking opportunities at the Intensive Breast Ultrasound: A Histopathologically Based Approach to Diagnostic & Screening Breast Ultrasound. Find out more in the event details below.
World Class CME
Exhibitor Information +