Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Most courses don’t need to be rebuilt from scratch in order to feel fresh and inspired. In fact, sometimes just a few changes can make a course feel new and exciting again—no wrecking ball required.
That’s exactly what the Infusing Learner-Centered Strategies Into Your Course workshop is for. In just two days, three top faculty development professionals share the learner-centered techniques, strategies, activities, and assignments that will help you revitalize the courses you teach—and, in the process, give you renewed enthusiasm for teaching them.
The idea is to give you tangible tools and insights that you can apply immediately. When you are finished, you will be able to evaluate any course, recognize what could be changed, and determine how to make the improvements without the major effort and time commitment of redevelopment or redesign. Whether your courses need little tweaks or major overhauls, you will discover the approach and the strategies you need to make the upgrades you want with the time and energy you have.
Yet participants get far more than just information, tips and advice from Infusing Learner-Centered Strategies Into Your Course. In addition to attending interactive presentations, you will examine one of your own current course syllabi and review its content and tone. You will have individual appointments with seminar presenters to discuss your needs and apply workshop information to your courses and institution. You will select your own break-out sessions and learn how technology, writing, or group work can enhance your teaching.
This exclusive workshop includes:
- An overview of recent research documenting the power of active learning and learner-centered instruction
- Strategies to increase the amount of active learning and learner-centered teaching in a course
- Evaluation of your own course syllabus
- Opportunities to interact with workshop presenters for targeted feedback
- A workbook, filled with ideas, advice and other tools, to take back to campus
- Peer interaction and feedback
- Breakout session selection, allowing participants to tailor the workshop to their needs and desires
Participants will learn how to:
- Recognize aspects of a course that could be updated or improved
- Identify appropriate and available resources, such as new technologies, to access and incorporate
- Fluidly integrate new assignments and tools into an existing course so that it remains cohesive and coherent
- Assess how course additions, deletions, and other changes affect learning outcomes
Infusing Learner-Centered Strategies Into Your Course is a hands-on workshop from the moment it begins. The seasoned, inspiring presenters put you back in touch with your own passion for teaching. You will accomplish a lot here, and then you’ll want to race back to campus and your other courses to do even more.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Infusing Learner-Centered Strategies Into Your Course? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||01/10/2014 - 01/11/2014|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Friday 7:30 am - 9 pm, Saturday 7:30 am - 4 pm|
|Primary Industry:||Education Events|
|Other Industries:||Education, Education Events|
|Audience:||Faculty members from any discipline, faculty developers, department chairs, teaching/learning center directors, and deans who want to revitalize a course they have taught before (either once or a dozen or more times) and would like insight into the most current, research-based learner-centered instructional strategies, techniques, technologies, and tools.|
|Venue:||Marriott Austin Downtown|
|Venue Phone:||(512) 236-8008|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Marriott Austin Downtown|
|Conference Hotel URL:||www.hotelaustindowntown.com...|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.