Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Innovation Leaders Share Wearable Energy Strategies to Unlock a $20 Billion Global Market
- Andy Keates, Principal Engineer, INTEL CORPORATION
- Sridhar Solur, General Manager, Wearables & IOT, HP
Corporate Electronics and Consumer Brand Product Developers and Designers: Hear the latest solutions available for powering wearables and integration. Share wants and needs to enable next-generation wearable products
- Energy Harvesting and Power Management Solution Providers: Network with today and tommorow’s top buyers, understand their current needs and share latest solutions for powering wearables
- Wearable Architecture Component Suppliers and Developers: Network with decision makers and ensure your innovative components are keeping pace with system requirements
- Investors: Explore investment opportunities, partnering and M&A prospects to stake out your position in this emerging technology market
- R&D: Assess the changing industry landscape and present breakthroughs in energy harvesting and storage in effort to commercialize new solutions
- Adrian J. Tang, CMOS Space SoC Developer, NASA JET PROPULSION LABORATORY / UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, LOS ANGELES
- Melanie Maslany, Sr. Manager Futures, ADIDAS
- Zhiyu (David) He, Senior Manager, SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS
- Justin Butler, Vice President, Commercial Development, MISFIT
- Patrick Kalaher, VP of Technology Strategy, FROG DESIGN
- Scott Gebicke, Vice President, Global Business Units, JABIL
Analysts predict the wearable devices industry will be worth $19 billion by 2018. The Apple Watch is now out in front with 2 million plus orders, and offerings by FitBit, Samsung, LG, Adidas, Pebble, Misfit, Xiaomi are moving fast. While consumer models are dominant today, there is also enormous potential for and interest in wearable devices and apps in healthcare, enterprise/industrial and military.
The biggest hurdle for mass adoption is how to keep all these devices powered. Lithium Ion batteries have been the solution of choice for portable electronics like smart phones and tablets, but the form factor/design and performance requirements are even more stringent for wearables. Energy storage platforms that are flexible, extremely safe, waterproof, rapidly rechargeable and long-lasting are needed; alongside robust energy harvesting platforms. While some solutions are on the market today, major innovations in electro-chemistries and battery architecture are still required. Also critical is the overall system design and engineering, including reducing the energy demands of individual components like sensors, display, chips and buses, apps/code, as well as the protocols and connects that pull it all together.
Infocast’s Wearables & IoT Summit will bring together visionary product developers, strategists and system engineering technologists from top global brands in the consumer electronics, sports, and health industries to share case studies and application strategies, assess the range of energy solutions that are available or in R&D, and sketch out what the dominant device power ecosystems may look like in the coming years. Startups and R&D groups with energy harvesting, micro-storage, chip design and power management software will have the opportunity to network and present their innovations to prospective customers, venture and strategic investors.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1553SOCIAL10
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Infocast's Wearables & IoT Summit? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/27/2015 - 10/29/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||10/27/2015 - 10/29/2015|
|First Move-In Date:||10/27/2015|
|Other Industries:||Miscellaneous, Technology, Wireless|
|Cost to Attend:||$1495.00|
|Audience:||visionary product developers, strategists and system engineering technologists from top global brands in the consumer electronics, sports, and health industries|
|Venue:||Crowne Plaza San Jose-Silicon Valley|
|Venue Phone:||(408) 321-9500|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.