Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Regulatory Changes Driving Massive Generation Builds and Investment Opportunities
- Assess how renewable generation, transmission and storage could be more effectively integrated into the ERCOT market including ONCOR’s proposed 5GW storage plan
- Explore investment potential and financeability for new projects
- Examine impacts of market reforms on power prices and trading
- Erika Bierschbach, Manager, Energy Supply & Risk Management, AUSTIN ENERGY
- Don Clevenger, Senior Vice President, Strategic Planning, ONCOR
- J. Calvin Crowder, President, ELECTRIC TRANSMISSION TEXAS, LLC, AMERICAN ELECTRIC POWER
- John Fainter, President and CEO, ASSOCIATION OF ELECTRIC COMPANIES OF TEXAS
- Brad Jones, Vice President, Commercial Operations, ERCOT
- Theodore Matula, Deputy General Counsel, DUKE ENERGY CORPORATION
- William Nodrlund, Managing Director, PANDA POWER FUNDS
- Tong Song, Director of Structuring, NRG ENERGY
The Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) is in a state of flux. A massive build-out of generation and transmission upgrades is needed in Texas, which faces the worst resource adequacy challenges in the US and is plagued by congestion that is impacting the cost of power. Drought threatens the operations of power plants and many coal-fired plants are scheduled to be decommissioned due to the EPA’s Clean Power Plan. However, under the current market rules, economic signals and rewards do not create the impetus to invest in generation and transmission.
In response, ERCOT is increasing the market cap to $9000 MW/h by the summer of 2015. Will this ensure the new investment in power plants needed to avoid rolling blackouts in the future? Where will the $8.9 billion in transmission improvement projects be built and by whom? Will we see more investment in renewables? Challenging times are ahead, but ERCOT is full of investment opportunities in generation, transmission, storage and energy efficiency markets!
ERCOT Market Summit 2015 will examine the changing market rules and drivers and bring policy-makers together with utility, IPP, DR and energy storage executives to explore the potential opportunities to solve resource adequacy shortfalls. They will examine not only the impacts of rule changes on project economics and financeability but also how the delivery of wind power from the Panhandle and new large solar build out plans are affecting the market. They will also explore how DR, energy storage and other potential game-changers could more effectively be integrated into the ERCOT market, and whether recent transmission and smartgrid investments can be leveraged to provide solutions. Finally, financiers will provide their perspectives on investment in and financeability of projects in the ERCOT market.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1535SOCIAL10
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Infocast's ERCOT Market Summit 2015? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||02/25/2015 - 02/27/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||02/25/2015 - 02/27/2015|
|First Move-In Date:||02/25/2015|
|Other Industries:||Business, Energy|
|Cost to Attend:||$1595.00|
|Venue:||Austin Marriott South|
|Venue Phone:||(512) 441-7900|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.