Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Hear from and Meet with Leading Microgrid Implementers & Key Decision-Makers
Markets for Microgrids to Quadrupule by 2020
Government & Military Decision-Makers:
- Steve Bossart, Senior Energy Analyst, NATIONAL ENERGY TECHNOLOGY LABORATORY (NETL)
- Hossam Kassab, Resource Efficiency Manager, NTC & FORT IRWIN
- Robert Gilleskie, Regional Energy Manager, MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS WEST
- Phillip Consiglio, Manager, Federal and Energy Related Services, SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON
- Chris Mathey, Director, Federal Affairs, CONSTELLATION ENERGY
- Neal Bartek, Distributed Energy Resources Manager, SAN DIEGO GAS & ELECTRIC
The markets for microgrids, energy storage and distributed energy enabling technologies are projected to grow rapidly to a $26 billion (B)/5.9 gigawatts (GW) annually by 2020, backed by a myriad of markets and applications. The Department of Defense (DoD) has been a major market driver, establishing a network of microgrids at over 40 military bases and the potential for deploying mobile microgrid at its 600+ forward operating bases. The Department of Energy (DOE) is partnering with a number of states on microgrid projects at critical facilities for greater resiliency. At the state-level, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York and Vermont all have microgrid and distributed energy programs and initiatives aimed at increasing grid resiliency. The California Energy Commission recently awarded $26.5M in grants for microgrid projects and even greater opportunities await in Governor Brown’s 2030 50% renewables plan. The municipal, utility, commercial, industrial, and remote microgrid markets all project growth, as microgrids offer customers the ability to customize an energy system that meets their energy cost and performance needs.
Commercial & Community Microgrids:
- Richard Cameron, Planning & Environmental Affairs, PORT OF LONG BEACH
- Iraj Graemi, Director, Facilities Development, SAN DIEGO COUNTY REGIONAL AIRPORT
- Edwin Smith, Environmental Coordinator, BEAR RIVER BAND OF ROHNERVILLE RANCHERIA
- Byron Washom, Director of Energy Initiatives, UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA SAN DIEGO
- Andrea Mammoli, Director, Center for Emerging Energy Technologies, UNIVERSITY OF NEW MEXICO
- Rajit Gadh, Founder & Director, UCLA SMART GRID ENERGY RESEARCH CENTER
However, with a dizzying amount of technology options out there, each microgrid application has its own unique requirements and drivers that must be met by carefully chosen technologies and system configuration. With options like diesel/natural gas generators, biogas, fuel cells, solar PV, and distributed wind, determining the best distributed energy resources is challenging. Technical challenges, like the integration of multiple resources (energy storage, solar PV and CHP for example) with differing operating characteristics must be tackled. Only those with an in-depth understanding of both the business and technical challenges will be able to effectively position themselves in this rapidly growing market.
Infocast’s Commercial & Government Microgrids Summit, the 7th iteration of its kind, will provide a platform for decision makers from the Federal, State and Local- Levels to outline their microgrids funding opportunities and deployment plans in a number of applications for increasing energy security and grid resiliency. The event will also bring commercial end-users and utilities together with leading renewable energy and microgrid developers, system integrators, energy storage companies, microgrid enabling technology companies and financiers to tackle the technical and financial challenges of developing microgrids for a myriad of markets.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1594SOCIAL10
Contact the event managers listed below for more information about how you can participate at the Infocast's Commercial & Government Microgrids Summit.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/20/2015 - 10/22/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||10/20/2015 - 10/22/2015|
|First Move-In Date:||10/20/2015|
|Other Industries:||Business, Energy|
|Cost to Attend:||$1495.00|
|Venue:||Rancho Bernardo Inn|
|Venue Phone:||(888) 976-4417|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.