Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
2015 is the Year for the North American Offshore Wind Industry
Join leading offshore wind developers, Federal and State policy-makers, U.S. and European banks and investors and other key stakeholders to discuss:
- Latest Federal Activities to Accelerate Offshore Wind Development – Lease, Permitting, and Technology
- Innovative State-based partnerships, regional approaches, and financing structures to drive offshore wind development along the Atlantic Coast
- Developers’ Perspectives on Applying the Lessons Learned from the European Offshore Wind Development and Financing Experience to the U.S.
- Financiers’ Perspectives on Differing Approaches to Financing Offshore in Europe and in the U.S.
- Cutting-edge Turbine Technological Breakthroughs to Reduce Project Costs
- Developing Synergies between the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind Industries – New Market Opportunities
- Abigail Ross Hopper, Director, BUREAU OF OCEAN ENERGY MANAGEMENT (BOEM)
- John B. Rhodes, President and CEO, NEW YORK STATE ENERGY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (NYSERDA)
Featured State Representatives:
- Jill Andrews, Manager, Coastal & Ocean Management Program, Coastal Resources Division, GEORGIA DEPARTMENT OF NATURAL RESOURCES
- Al Christopher, Director, Division of Energy, VIRGINIA DEPARTMENT OF MINES, MINERALS AND ENERGY
- Senator Greg Hembree, District 28, SOUTH CAROLINA STATE LEGISLATURE (R)
- Janet Joseph, Vice President for Technology & Strategic Planning, NEW YORK STATE ENERGY RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY (NYSERDA)
- Kelly Speakes-Backman, Commissioner, MARYLAND PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
- Bill White, Director, Offshore Wind Sector Development, MASSACHUSETTS CLEAN ENERGY CENTER
The U.S. holds enormous offshore wind potential; an estimated 54 GW of power by 2030 according to a DOE report. For the states along the Atlantic coast—saddled with aging power plants and soon to be decommissioned nuclear plant, limited natural gas pipelines, and the EPA’s emission regulations—offshore wind power offers a unique solution to address the region’s power constraints. Offshore wind production aligns with peak demand and will ultimately require less transmission cables given its proximity to population centers. By spring 2015, offshore wind farms are expected to begin construction with three additional offshore wind demonstration projects received substantial funding from the Department of Energy.
However, for offshore wind to take off, it is critical that project equipment sourcing, construction, operations and maintenance costs be reduced significantly for projects to maximize return on investment (ROI), thereby driving more private investment as has happened for onshore wind. Projects will only advance where federal, state and local policy-makers are providing the right mix of incentives and support for the entire offshore wind value chain. Moreover, the financial community will fully invest in offshore wind in the same degree as they have for onshore wind when they see the cost of installation come down and project ROI are maximized.
The 6th North American Offshore Wind Development & Finance Summit, June 17-18, 2015, will bring together State and Federal policy-makers and regulators, senior executives from leading project developers, financial institutions, equipment suppliers, construction and other supply chain providers. They will engage in in-depth dialogue on the unique value of offshore wind, the latest financial innovations, public/private partnerships, and technological advances being developed to reduce development time and cost and maximize ROI of offshore wind power projects in North America.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1538SOCIAL10
There may be many networking opportunities at the Infocast's 6th North American Offshore Wind Development & Finance Summit. Find out more in the event details below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||06/17/2015 - 06/18/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||06/17/2015 - 06/18/2015|
|First Move-In Date:||06/17/2015|
|Other Industries:||Business, Energy|
|Cost to Attend:||$1495.00|
|Venue Phone:||(212) 482-0851|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Other|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.