Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Get The Latest On State, Federal & International Chemical Regulations To Stay Compliant And Competitive In The New Green Landscape!
- Get the latest California’s Safer Consumer Products Regulations, including updates on the Proposed Initial Priority Products Listing, the Three-Year Work Plan and Alternatives Analysis
- 30 States Have Passed/Considered Chemical Legislation in 2014 – Hear from State and Federal Decision Makers on these developing regulations
Hear from Major Brand Owners, Chemical Companies and Consumer Industry Associations:
- Latest updates on corporate policies to remove chemicals of concern from supply chains by the likes of Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, Target, Unilever and Walmart
- Understand strategic and tactical plans in response to the Initial Priority Products Listing
- Network and establish key partnerships needed to comply with current and future regulations
- Monica Becker, Co-Director, GREEN CHEMISTRY & COMMERCE COUNCIL (GC3)
- Clement Choy, Senior Director of Product Innovation, SEVENTH GENERATION
- Christopher Gavigan, Founder + Chief Products Officer, THE HONEST COMPANY
- M. Pete He, Senior Research Fellow, Sustainabilty, HENKEL CONSUMER GOODS, INC.
- Chin Kuay, Senior Manager Product Compliance, Legal Department, OFFICE DEPOT, INC.
- Suk Lee, Director of Product Integrity, KIDS II, INC.
- Annie Longsworth, CEO, SAATCHI & SAATCHI S NORTH AMERICA
- Bill Pease, Chief Scientist, GOODGUIDE
- Gregory Porta, Director, Global Product Stewardship, Corporate EHSS, SABIC
- Michael Schmeida, Fellow, Corporate Manager-Stewardship, THE OATEY COMPANY
- Jonathan Smieja, Environmental Chemist, STEELCASE
- Mary-Ann Warmerdam, Regulatory Affairs Leader, Global Stewardship, THE CLOROX COMPANY
So far in 2014, 30 states have considered chemical safety legislation due to increasing concerns about the safety of chemicals in consumer products and the absence of TSCA reform. California, Maine, Minnesota, Nevada, Vermont and Washington were among the states that passed chemical safety legislation in 2013 but no state has been as aggressive or ambitious as California, whose Safer Consumer Products Regulations went into effect on October 1, 2013. In March, California’s Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) announced three proposed initial priority product and candidate chemical combinations:
- Paint & Varnish Strippers containing Methylene Chloride
- Spray Polyurethane Foam Systems with Unreacted Diisocyanates
- Children’s Foam-Padded Sleeping Products containing TDCPP
By October 1, 2014 the DTSC must issue a three-year working plan and potentially new priority product categories to be scrutinized.
Infocast has organized the 5th Safer Consumer Products Summit, the only meeting of its kind, to coincide with the next phases of the California SCP Regulations. The summit will bring representatives from the DTSC and other governmental decision makers together with nationally recognized consumer brands, manufacturers, OEMs, retailers and green chemistry experts to provide the timeliest information on California’s regulations and the rapidly evolving state, federal & international chemicals legislation landscape. The event will also provide the networking necessary to thrive in this new era of consumer goods. In the absence of TSCA reform, California’s Safer Consumer Products Regulations are the law of the land for companies who conduct consumer products business in the world’s eighth largest economy.
In addition to our market-leading summit, the Innovating for Safer Consumer Products Pre-Summit Forum will examine green chemistry, innovation and sustainability initiatives among academia, brand owners, chemical majors, OEMs and retailers, and will provide lessons learned from market pioneers on getting ahead of the regulatory curve via product and brand innovation.
Use this Code to AVAIL 10% DISCOUNT: 1416SOCIAL10
Go to Conference website, click here
Don't wait to register for the Infocast's 5th Safer Consumer Products Summit. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||10/22/2014 - 10/24/2014|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||10/22/2014 - 10/24/2014|
|First Move-In Date:||10/22/2014|
|Other Industries:||Business, Safety, Sciences, Wholesale / Retail|
|Venue:||Marines' Memorial Club & Hotel|
|Venue Phone:||(415) 673-6672|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.