Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Get Your Piece of the $26 Billion Microgrids Market
Military Decision Makers Share Lessons Learned & Implications for Fulfilling the Projected $1.6B Microgrid Procurement
- Cliff Maurer, US NAVY
- Mick Wasco, MCAS MIRAMAR
- Robert Gilleskie, MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS WEST
- Ross Roley, U.S. PACIFIC COMMAND
Leading Utilities from Across the Nation Share their Experience in and Plans for Investing in Microgrids for Enhanced Grid Reliability
- Ananda Kanapathy, PSE&G
- Neal Bartek, SDG&E
- Scott Seu, HAWAIIAN ELECTRIC COMPANY
- Thomas Weaver III, AEP
The North American microgrid market is primed to take off to an estimated $26 billion (B)/5.9 gigawatts (GW) annual market, with the United States Federal and State governments, and utilities as the primary drivers for this development.
- U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) is projected to invest $1.6B in microgrid technologies. 40 bases currently utilize microgrid technologies, and there is potential for more with over 600 forward operating bases in need of energy security
- U.S. Department of Energy (DoE) is partnering with a number of states, with New Jersey’s 50 MW TransitGrid microgrid rail line and facilities as an example
- The DoE is also currently offering a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for microgrid projects in the 1-10 megawatts (MW) range, with awards up to $1.2 million
- Extreme weather events in the Northeast are driving state government and utility microgrid investments for superior grid resiliency
- New York and Massachusetts have allocated $40M each for storm-resilient projects
- Connecticut recently announced a second microgrid RFP, and Maryland is following suit with its Resiliency through Microgrids Task Force
- California is projected to lead the world in microgrid deployments backed by its 33% RPS, $26.5M in Microgrid grants, regulations forced retirements of fossil power plants, and the implementation of its Cap-and-Trade program
However, each market segment has its own unique requirements and drivers that must be met by carefully chosen microgrid technologies and system configurations. And Microgrids projects, including retrofits, are proving to require greater investment than previously recognized. Providers must tailor their approaches to the wants and needs of customers in order to effectively position themselves to market their technologies, products and services and capitalize on the next generation of microgrid projects.
Infocast’s 5th Military & Commercial Microgrids Summit returns to San Diego to bring key military, government, utility and end-user microgrid decision makers together to share their business and technical wants, needs and requirements for new projects. Early adopters and implementers of microgrids in defense, critical infrastructure, campus/institutional, remote communities and utilities applications will also be on hand to share lessons learned and real world case studies of microgrid performance. The Advanced Microgrid Technologies AM Showcase and Energy Storage Opportunities with Microgrids and Distributed Solar PM Showcase will precede the summit, offering attendees two in-depth looks at technologies enabling microgrid commercialization: automated demand response, distributed generation, energy storage, software controls, smart island inverters and vehicle-to-grid (V2G). In addition, an in-depth tour of the UC San Diego 42 MW microgrid led by Byron Washom will be offered on the evening of the 19th.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1435SOCIAL10
For more information, click here
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Infocast's 5th Military & Commercial Microgrids? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||11/19/2014 - 11/21/2014|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||11/19/2014 - 11/21/2014|
|First Move-In Date:||11/19/2014|
|Other Industries:||Business, Energy, Government, Military|
|Venue:||The Hilton San Diego/ Del Mar|
|Venue Phone:||(858) 792-5200|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.