San Diego , CA 92101 Location map
The Westgate Hotel
Infocast's 5th Annual Transmission Summit West
Join Leading Transmission Policy-Makers and Executives As They Discuss New Development Opportunities and Emerging Business Models!
- Implementation of FERC Order No. 1000: How it Will Affect Transmission Planning and Development
- Transmission Project Plans of Utilities and Independent Developers
- Game-changing Financing and Business Models which are Increasing Project Profitability
- Innovations in Siting, Permitting and Construction of Transmission Projects in the West
- Shiv Mani, Group Manager, Office of Energy Policy and Innovation, FEDERAL ENERGY REGULATORY COMMISSION (FERC)
- Lauren Azar, Senior Advisor to the Secretary, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- James P. Avery, Senior Vice President, SAN DIEGO GAS & ELECTRIC
Partial List of This Year's Policy-Makers:
- Travis Kavulla, Commissioner, MONTANA PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
- Donna L. Nelson, Chairman, PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION OF TEXAS
- Gary Pierce, Commissioner, ARIZONA CORPORATION COMMISSION
The energy landscape of the West is changing, creating new needs and opportunities for transmission. The impending closure of numerous power plants, the explosive growth of renewable and distributed energy, and the need to address ageing transmission infrastructure throughout the West will radically change the shape of today’s grid. At the same time, the implementation of FERC Order 1000 filings promise to drive planning for new regional and interregional projects, and open the way for innovative transmission business strategies to emerge.
The 5th Annual Transmission Summit West is the premier industry gathering for the electric transmission business. Attend to get the clearest window into leading utility and merchant transmission executives’ plans for new projects, partnerships and business strategies. Hear about the emerging business models, financing strategies and practical lessons being learned in project siting, permitting and execution that will drive success in the years to come. The Summit is the place to meet and network with other key stakeholders and find solutions to the challenges facing the transmission business.
Two distinct events are featured on this three-day program:
- The Transmission Executive Forum West, September 23, 2013, will address “Impact of FERC Order 1000 and Other Policy Initiatives.” Key industry executives and regulators will discuss how the implementation of FERC Order 1000 filings will affect transmission planning and development. It will also focus on how the demands of integrating renewable and other distributed generation will impact transmission.
- The Transmission Summit West 2013, September 24-25, 2013, will focus on “Emerging Opportunities and New Business Models for Transmission in the West.”
The Summit will discuss the impacts of potential disruptive elements to traditional transmission strategies, including the impending loss of baseload generation and growth in both renewable and smaller distributed power plants, as well as the potential for establishing new pathways to deliver energy to California. It will examine how new permitting and siting initiatives may reshape the transmission development landscape, and how to manage the demands of regional projects. Finally, it will explore how the introduction of new financing and business models may fundamentally change the transmission landscape.
The Western interconnect requires new capacity, new assets, new expertise and new strategies. Transmission Summit West 2013 is where you will learn on where new lines are being added,as well as gain important insights on regulatory developments related to siting, planning, and integration of renewables and advanced technologies.
For More Information, Visit: Infocast's 5th Annual Transmission Summit West Website
To Register: Click Here to REGISTER
Use this Code to Avail 10% Discount: 1318SOCIAL10
There may be many networking opportunities at the Infocast's 5th Annual Transmission Summit West. Find out more in the event details below.
Information Forecast Inc
Exhibitor Information +