Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
The New North American Wood Pellet Market: The Easy Solution for Utilities & IPPS With Aging Coal Plant Assets
- Get the Latest on the EPA's Clean Power Plan (CPP), 38+ State Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS)/RPS variants, and other regulations impacting Coal Plant owners
- Learn how modifying pulverized coal power plants to utilizing industrial wood pellets can provide the lowest cost renewable and dispatchable power for CPP and RPS compliance
- Leading pellet producers discuss the prospects of the emerging North American market and outline benefits of the different types of pellets used following conversion
- U.S. and Canadian forest landowners provide perspectives and their projections for sustainable supplying a North American market
- Hear case studies from Utilities and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) who have successfully converted or are considering converting to wood pellets for power generation or co-firing
- Brent Boyko, Director - Biomass Business Development, ONTARIO POWER GENERATION (OPG)
- Jaisen Mody, General Manager of Generation Projects, PORTLAND GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Peter Thomsen, Vice President, Thermal Power, DONG ENERGY
In June 2014, the EPA issued the “Clean Power Plan” (CPP) proposed rule under the authority of the Clean Air Act section 111(d), with the goal of reducing CO2 emissions by 30% from existing U.S. fossil power plants by 2030. The EPA is expected to issue its final rule for the CPP by June 2015, with compliance implications beginning in 2020 at the latest. In addition, 27 states plus Washington, DC have Renewable Portfolio Standards (RPS) specifying that electric utilities increase the integration of renewable or alternative energy sources and 11 other states have variants on RPSs. For Utilities and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) with older coal power plant assets, especially in RPS states, tough decisions are ahead. Do they close plants and incur lost revenues; or convert the plant and produce clean, dispatchable power?
Modifying old pulverized coal power plants to use industrial wood pellets for co-firing with coal or fuly replacing coal can provide a ready-to-go solution for compliance with state RPSs, delivering low carbon and low cost electricity that will also satisfy the EPA’s proposed carbon policy under section 111(d) of the Clean Air Act and the CPP. This strategy is the lowest cost solution to compliance and provides a renewable answer to the intermittency of wind and solar.
The 4th Industrial Wood Pellets for Coal Plant Co-Firing/Conversions Summit will bring together all the players—Government decision-makers, Utilities and Independent Power Producers (IPPs) with coal plant assets, operators of successful co-finring operations and conversions from pulverized coal to pulverized pellets, U.S. and Canadian white and black pellet producers, suppliers of sustainable wood fiber to pellet manufacturers, and other supply chain players—to discuss the business of modifying old pulverized coal plants to use industrial wood pellets for the lowest cost renewable power for CPP and RPS compliance. All these groups will share their ideas and perspectives on how best to work together to create a supply chain that can meet the needs of the emerging market. The Summit will be the ideal place to get valuable insight into the emerging market and to interact with the people who will create the domestic industrial wood pellets market of the future.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1526SOCIAL10
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Infocast's 4th Industrial Wood Pellets for Coal Plant Co-Firing/Conversions Summit? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||06/16/2015 - 06/18/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||06/16/2015 - 06/18/2015|
|First Move-In Date:||06/16/2015|
|Other Industries:||Business, Energy|
|Cost to Attend:||$1295.00|
|Venue:||Minneapolis Marriott West|
|Venue Phone:||(952) 554-4400|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.