Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
Event WebsitePaid membership required to see this information
Supply Chain Leaders Calibrate Strategies to Align for the Reinvention of Car and Light Truck Manufacturing!
- Get updates on CAFE implementation, DOE assistance in tech innovation, and the two new Lightweighting and Composites Hubs!
- Hear how auto majors are responding and what they are looking for from the supply chain.
- TEN cutting-edge application and R&D case studies on composites, carbon fiber and thermoplastics from suppliers and R&D centers.
- Obtain the latest on tooling and joining multi-materials from EWI and Henkel
- Get the most strategic M&A and financial insights from: GM Ventures, Piper Jaffray, NewCap Partners, Arsenal Venture Partners
- Paul E. Krawjewski, Global Manager Vehicle Mass Integration and Strategy, GENERAL MOTORS
- Marianne Morgan, New Business Development- Performance Materials, BASF
- Reuben Sarkar, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Transportation, U.S. DEPARTMENT OF ENERGY
- Greg Schroeder, Assistant Director Manufacturing, Engineering & Technology, CENTER FOR AUTOMOTIVE RESEARCH
- Manish Mehta, Senior Program Manager, NATIONAL CENTER FOR MANUFACTURING SCIENCES
- Marc Wiseman, Principal, RICARDO
- Gregory Peterson, Senior Technical Specialist, LOTUS ENGINEERING
- Alisyn Malek, Investment Manager, GM VENTURES
The auto industry is stepping up to meet ambitious 2025 CAFE fuel economy targets. Weight-cutting production models are on the market. As manufacturers and suppliers grapple with this shift, the focus of OEM designers and engineers is already moving beyond the body-in-white structural materials to “Everything Else,” from powertrain to chassis & suspension, interiors, and electronics. In this new world, there are no clear material or technology winners.
For this changeover to ripple through to the rest of the vehicle and the balance of fleets, greater interaction is needed between players in the supply chain. Applications need to be developed between chemical manufacturers, adhesive suppliers, parts designers and assemblers, and fully tested, before they can be specified by OEMs in future platforms. It’s all about collaborating for innovation in a multi-materials world.
To help accelerate the high level of cross-supply chain interaction needed to enable this change, Infocast is organizing its second LIGHTWEIGHTING SUMMIT, March 3-5, 2015 in Detroit, MI. This event will foster in-depth cross-supply chain dialogue and technical sharing around regulatory drivers, target-setting, materials, processes, joining, tools and design strategies. The Summit will profile the latest thinking from OEMs designers and chief engineers, and assemble a bevy of case studies in application development for weight cutting across ALL facets of the vehicle, including chassis, powertrain, interiors and electronics. A pre-Summit R&D Symposium will profile the latest development work in academia and research institutes, addressing the technology gaps identified in the main summit sessions.
Use this code to Avail 10% DISCOUNT: 1542SOCIAL10
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Infocast's 2nd Lightweighting Summit? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||03/03/2015 - 03/05/2015|
|Expo/Exhibit Dates:||03/03/2015 - 03/05/2015|
|First Move-In Date:||03/03/2015|
|Primary Industry:||Automotive Conferences|
|SIC Code(s):||3711, 3714, 7538|
|Other Industries:||Automotive Conferences, Business|
|Cost to Attend:||$1695.00|
|Venue:||Crowne Plaza Detroit Downtown Riverfront|
|Venue Phone:||(313) 965-0200|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Show Owner:||Information Forecast Inc|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.