Event ContactsPaid membership required to see this information
ASGE has developed this course to educate physician and non-physician unit staff on how to translate quality concepts into practice at their endoscopy unit. The content of the course is dynamic, addressing the fundamentals of quality and safe practice as well as emerging trends and evidence. In addition to advancing their knowledge in endoscopy unit quality and safety, participants in this course will be prepared to apply for the ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program or renew their current participation.
Upon completion of this educational activity, participants will be able to:
• Identify ways to define and measure quality in endoscopy
• Describe techniques to make endoscopy more efficient while maintaining safety
• Describe methods to improve patient satisfaction in endoscopy, including improved doctor-patient communication
• Recognize the potential sources of infection from contact with various body fluids, their transmissibility during gastrointestinal endoscopy, and their susceptibility to potential disinfectants
• Specify measures for improving unit quality, including training and credentialing for new procedures, quality assurance programs, sedation and monitoring, and unit accreditation and re-accreditation
Practicing gastrointestinal endoscopists and surgeons, medical directors, nurse managers, unit managers and allied professionals interested in advancing their knowledge in endoscopy unit quality and safety. Units interested in applying for the ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Program or renewing their ASGE Endoscopy Unit Recognition Certificate are encouraged to send both a physician and a non-physician manager to the course. Program eligibility criteria require completion of this course by at least one unit representative within one year of the program application.
Don't wait to register for the Improving Quality and Safety in Your Endoscopy Unit. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||02/20/2015 - 02/20/2015|
|Conference/Event Hours:||6:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.|
|Other Industries:||Business, Gastroenterology, Medical Business & Administration, Professional Healthcare, Safety|
|Cost to Attend:||http://portal.asge.org/events/eventDetail.aspx?meeting=QUALFEB15...|
|Audience:||Practicing gastrointestinal endoscopists and surgeons, medical directors, nurse
managers, unit managers and allied professionals interested in advancing their
knowledge in endoscopy unit quality and safety.
|Venue:||Hyatt At Fisherman's Wharf|
|Venue Phone:||(415) 563-1234|
|Venue Type:||Indoor - Hotel|
|Official Conference Hotel:||Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf|
|Conference Hotel URL:||http://fishermanswharf.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html?mckv=LtMFL5IR_pdv_...|
|Show Owner:||American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Call for information.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||Call|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.