Overview: This webinar presents industry proven best practices and methods to assure design and development processes are compliant with the fundamentals of design in order to enable and assure successful development projects providing quality and value to the customer, users and all stakeholders.
This session covers all activities prior to the start of detailed design and implementation and includes all systems engineering, software engineering, and engineering project management topics from the proposal phase through the architectural design phase including
- System design
- Identification, evaluation, and selection of COTS products
- Software product design
- Data engineering
- Integration and test planning and preparation
- Deployment planning and preparation
- Operation and sustainment planning and preparation
- Engineering project management
The session includes "what" activities are done, "who" does each activity, and "when" each activities is done, but does not cover "how" the activities are done. "How" the activities are done should be in compliance with your company’s policies, directives, procedures, practices, and instructions based on your companies specific business domain, specific information technologies, and specific preferences.
The main objectives of the session are to
- Increase ability to plan and estimate the project
- Increase ability to meet commitments
- Decrease cost, schedule and waste
- Preclude operational errors
- Increase quality and value
- Increase customer & stakeholder satisfaction
Why should you attend: Anyone in the business of improving business performance needs a sound methodology. But there are major differences between available approaches to improvement and a large number of things that are mistaken for methodologies. To someone searching for a good methodology, it can be very daunting.
Things such as models, tools, concepts and philosophies are all good things, and many provide important ingredients of improvement methodologies but they are not the same. Yet in the marketplace, there are deliberate attempts to promote some of these non-methodologies as suitable, complete methodologies.
Getting it wrong-choosing and trying to apply and inappropriate or faulty methodology can lead to project failure and loss of credibility.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Mission and stakeholder needs analysis
- System requirements development and management
- System architectural design
- Product requirements development
- Product conceptual and architectural design
- Design and development planning
- Deployment and operations planning
- Management analysis and planning
- Cost and schedule estimation
- Risk and opportunity management
- Cross-functional process integration and dependencies
- Design management and control
- Documentation and data management and control
Who Will Benefit:
- IT Project Managers
- IT Architects
- Integration & Test Engineers
- Software Application Architects
- Software Application Engineers
- IT Systems Engineers
- IT Functional Managers and Directors
If the Improving Information Technology Implementation through Design Fundamentals - Webinar By EITAGlobal is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||03/05/2014 - 03/05/2014|
|Conference/Event Hours:||Wednesday, March 5, 2014 10:00 AM PST | 01:00 PM EST|
|Other Industries:||IT, Technology|
|Audience:||IT Project Managers
Integration & Test Engineers
Software Application Architects
Software Application Engineers
IT Systems Engineers
IT Functional Managers and Directors
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.
We are EITAGlobal, a continuing professional education provider with a difference. We believe that coming from a responsible and professional continuing professional education provider in the IT industry space; our trainings have to carry a premier value.
We have devised a strategy of making trainings extremely effective and relevant by bringing Experts and participants across the table. In line with this philosophy, we ensure that a high proportion of our trainings are in the form of live, in-person seminars and Consulting.
To know more about us visit: www.eitaglobal.com