Online Event Location map
HR Laws, Compliance Risks and Consequences: Monitoring your Business Vulnerabilities
This webinar training will discuss the various HR laws and how to administer them and the organizational policies at workplace. The instructor will discuss the key compliance risk and gaps to avoid. Participants will get a deep understanding on FMLA, ADA, FLSA, ACA, Title VII and other significant HR laws and their impact on company’s HR policy.
Why Should You Attend:
Workplace legislation has become more difficult to comply with and increasing enforcement by federal and state authorities has put many businesses at risk. Changes to the FLSA, FMLA, and ADA as well as impactful new legislation such as the Affordable Care Act leaves organizations uncertain about how to comply with these laws and how they interact with one another.
This training session will give you important information on how to ensure you mitigate the costly risks of compliance failure.
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Americans with Disabilities Act (and interaction with FMLA)
- Fair Labor Standards Act (latest 2016 major changes)
- Workplace Harassment/Hostile Environment
- Title VII/EEO
- Bona Fide Occupational Qualification – what is it?
- The Affordable Care Act
- Marriage equality and benefits in the workplace
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Understand the laws and organizational policies that control behavior in your work environment.
- Ensure you administer these laws and policies correctly in the workplace and know when to seek assistance.
- Identify compliance risk areas/gaps and exposure points.
- Common mistakes to avoid in your own policies.
- Learn about the specific laws associated with people management.
- Learn the “pecking order” of workplace legislation.
- Understand key issues around hiring and firing.
- Learn best practices related to employee documentation.
Who Will Benefit:
- HR managers/generalists
- Line managers and supervisory staff
- Directors/VPs of HR
- Business owners
- Office management staff
- Middle managers
- HR Directors & senior leaders
- Risk Managers
- Law enforcement
Daniel Farrar, owner and president of WorkForce21, has more than 25 years of experience in workforce training, development and management.
Mr. Farrar is a former IT specialist and senior leader for one of the worlds largest constancies workforce planning efforts. He is an expert in all areas of human resources with particular emphasis on employer compliance with workplace legislation at the federal and state level.
Use coupon code NB5SQH8N and get 10% off on registration.
If the HR Laws, Compliance Risks and Consequences: Monitoring your Business Vulnerabilities is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
Line managers and supervisory staff
Directors/VPs of HR
Office management staff
HR Directors & senior leaders
Exhibitor Information +