Online Event Location map
How to Create an Effective Fraud Prevention Program to Mitigate the Risk of Fraud Penalties
An organization without a fraud prevention program, which also outlines how to improve policy and procedures on a regular basis, is placing itself at a high risk for fraudulent transactions. This training program will reinstate the importance of an efficient fraud prevention program for businesses of all sizes and detail how to ensure continued fraud prevention training within your organization.
Why Should You Attend:
The fraud prevention program provides an organization with a plan to handle all forms of fraudulent activity from reporting to evaluating transactions to tracing the activity to determine the source or sources of this type of activity. This course will address the changes in state and federal laws along with technology and industry changes.
It will provide an overview of the importance for every company to create and activate a fraud prevention program within their organization. The ability of individuals that can manipulate internal controls and carry out fraudulent schemes can be altered if a fraud prevention program is in place. These actions will be addressed and the course will highlight how to mold your prevention program to minimize your loss and continue to protect your company’s assets.
- Highlight the current methods and trends utilized by external and internal (employees) criminals and how to prevent this exposure
- Provide a case study analysis addressing the methods of prevention and detection that all businesses owners should have implemented into their fraud prevention programs
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Why does a business need a fraud prevention program
- Key elements of a fraud prevention program
- Methods utilized to manipulate external and internal controls
- How fraud prevention programs can be avoided through weak management methods
- Importance of continued fraud prevention training within your organization
- Penalties that business owners and management face when fraud is detected
- Case study: Highlighting the importance of a fraud prevention program
Who Will Benefit:
- Fraud Investigators
- Internal Auditors
- Internal Investigators
- Management Personnel
- Small Business Owners
- Forensic Accountants
- Forensic Auditors
- Certified Fraud Examiners (CFE)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (CAMS)
- Financial Institution Branch Managers
Mark Malinowski has over 15 years’ experience working in both the banking industry and as a law enforcement professional conducting financial crimes investigation, detecting fraudulent activity within public and private organizations, and designing fraud prevention programs for various business and government agencies.
Mr. Malinowski is currently a supervising detective with the Ocean County Prosecutor's Office assigned to the special investigations unit, which investigates economic crimes, internal affairs, corruption, and organized crime. He was deputized as a US marshal/IRS special agent from 2007-2009, while investigating an international gambling and money laundering operation. He was a member of the Ocean County Regional SWAT team from 2009-2011.
Mr. Malinowski has conducted and supervised various types of financial investigations ranging from theft by deception, money laundering, asset forfeiture, organized crime enterprises (street gangs and traditional), racketeering, tax offenses, mortgage fraud, insurance fraud, Ponzi schemes, embezzlements, and the tracing of financial funding for domestic and international narcotics trafficking throughout the State of New Jersey and on a global scale. He has testified in New Jersey Superior Court as the lead detective for several complex white-collar crimes investigations. These career experiences have provided him with a vast knowledge of how financial crimes are perpetrated along with the ability to analyze financial data to prevent, detect, investigate and prosecute the various levels of worldwide financial fraudulent activity that impact all types of businesses.
Note: Use coupon code 232082 and get 10% off on registration.
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the How to Create an Effective Fraud Prevention Program to Mitigate the Risk of Fraud Penalties? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
Small Business Owners
Exhibitor Information +