Final regulations for the new HIPAA Security Breach require much more than notifying individuals affected by a Breach of their Protected Health Information. Covered Entities and Business Associates first must follow and document a very specific process to determine if a Breach occurred.
If no Breach occurred documentary proof must be kept for six years. If a Breach did occur timely notifications and other actions must be undertaken and documented.
Why Should You Attend:
• Breaches and incidents that might be Breaches happen all the time!
• More than 173,000 separate breaches of Protected Health Information (PHI) affecting less than 500 individuals were reported to the U. S. Department of Health and Human Services between September, 2009 and May 31, 2015 and in the same period HHS received approximately 1240 reports of PHI breaches that affected 500 or more individuals
• An acquisition, access, use, or disclosure of PHI not permitted by the Privacy Rule is presumed to be a Breach unless it falls within an exception or the Covered Entity or Business Associate can demonstrate a low probability that the PHI was compromised
• Not all suspected Breaches are Breaches - but you must know the rules to assess each incident and - when appropriate - prove it was not a Breach
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
This webinar will explain:
• What Covered Entities and Business Associates must do to comply with the Breach Notification Rule
• What is and is not a Breach
o Three exceptions - when an acquisition, access, use, or disclosure of PHI not permitted by the Privacy Rule is not a Breach
o How to perform a Risk Assessment process to determine if you can demonstrate a low probability that the PHI was compromised
• Who must be notified in case of a Breach
• When notifications must be provided
• What information must be contained in each notification
• Other requirements in case of a Breach
o Mitigate harm to affected individuals
o Protect against further Breaches
o Document everything
• Planning and preparation for the worst - public relations and mitigation strategies to limit damage to the organization's reputation and financial well-being
• Breach Notification Rule Compliance Requirements
• What is defined as a Breach
• How to determine if a Breach occurred
• How to investigate and analyze the facts of an incident that is a Potential Breach
• How to do a Breach Risk Assessment to determine if there is a low probability of compromise to PHI
• In case of a breach
o Who to notify
o When notification must be made
Who Will Benefit:
• HIPAA Compliance Officials
• Top Management
• Health Care Providers
• Practice Managers
• Risk Managers
• Compliance Managers
• Information Systems Managers
• Legal Counsel
• Health Care Public Relations Consultants
Paul R. Hales, J.D. is an attorney at law in St. Louis, Missouri whose practice has included specialization in the HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules from the dates they became effective. He provides assistance and counseling on the new, more demanding compliance requirements of the HITECH modifications to HIPAA. Mr. Hales is licensed to practice before the Supreme Court of the United States, Federal Appellate and District Courts, the State Courts of Missouri and is a graduate of Columbia University Law School.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
Don't wait to register for the HIPAA Breach Notification Rule - What you must do to comply - By Compliance Global Inc.. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||11/09/2016 - 11/09/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Medical Business & Administration|
|Other Industries:||Business, Medical Business & Administration|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Session for one participant Price: $165.00|
|Audience:||HIPAA Compliance Officials
Health Care Providers
Information Systems Managers
Health Care Public Relations Consultants
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.