Key Take Away:
This webinar will highlight the various considerations available for manufacturers to credibly support gluten - free product claims, including quality management systems and good manufacturing practices (GMPs) to demonstrate that products reproducibly meet the requirements of the rule.
The gluten-free market is one of the fastest growing markets worldwide. For the 18 million Americans who suffer from gluten intolerance, gluten sensitivity or celiac disease, gluten – free products are a necessity.
To help assure customer confidence, the FDA issued a final rule in August 5, 2014 that defines gluten-free claims across the food industry. To enforce the final rule FDA may use its full range of routine post-market monitoring activities, including periodic inspections of manufacturer’s facilities, product labeling reviews and gluten analyses of food samples.
Why Should You Attend:
Attend this webinar to avoid the FDA Compliance pitfalls commonly associated with incorrect gluten-free claims. This webinar will include an overview of the scientifically valid methods available for conducting gluten analysis testing to ensure that the foods labelled gluten-free do not contain 20 ppm or more gluten.
The webinar will highlight the additional requirements for quality management system proposed by FDA to verify a “gluten-free” claim on hydrolysed and fermented foods.
Areas Covered In This Webinar:
• Examination of how the FDA defines the term “gluten-free”
• How to properly declare gluten-free foods
• What are the additional requirements for labelling hydrolysed or fermented foods “gluten–free”
• Gluten–free labelling globally
• Gluten detection (using Gliadin x 2 R5, Mendez Extraction)
• Conducting a food label review
• Good manufacturing practices (GMPs)
• Third – party gluten-free certification
• Learn about the requirements to verify a “gluten-free” claim on hydrolyzed and fermented foods
• Highlights the scientifically valid methods for conducting gluten testing to ensure <20 ppm is achieved
• Be able to interpret the relevant United States gluten – free labelling rules for hydrolysed or fermented foods
• Understand how to generate compliant gluten-free labels
• Recognise aspects of non-compliance to avoid costly misbranding errors
Who Will Benefit:
• Food Processors and Manufacturers
• Owners of SME’s
• Production Managers
• QA & QC Managers
• HACCP Coordinators
• Marketing Personnel from Food, Beverage & Ingredient Companies
• Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Professionals
• Food Scientists and Technologists
Rotimi Toki, is principal of Rottoks Food Safety Management Consulting Services Limited. He has provided services to some of the top brands in food service and manufacturing sectors.
Rotimi specializes in Quality Systems Audit, developing an integrated food safety management system based on HACCP principles. He has more than 20 years of experience. He works with industry in applying the principles of quality and food safety management. He has been an integral part of raising industry standard and helping manufacturers achieving Quality certifications.
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1- 844-414-1400
Not sure if you want to exhibit at or attend the Gluten Free Labelling with a Special Focus on Fermented, Hydrolyzed or Distilled Foods: How to Prove & Display It Correctly- By AtoZ Compliance? See the panels below to get the information you need to make an informed decision.
|Conference/Event Dates:||11/29/2016 - 11/29/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Food / Beverage|
|Other Industries:||Business, Food / Beverage|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Webinar- $135.00 for one participant|
|Audience:||Food Processors and Manufacturers
Owners of SME's
QA & QC Managers
Marketing Personnel from Food, Beverage & Ingredient Companies
Regulatory Affairs & Compliance Professionals
Food Scientists and Technologists
|Show Owner:||AtoZ Compliance|
|Sponsorship Details:||AtoZ Compliance|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.