Overview: This session will serve as a primer for individuals and organizations interested in open source software, and its ability to meet their business needs. Attendees will gain a better understanding of what open source software is, how it is developed, its characteristics that may be beneficial to their organization, and considerations for successful adoption.
Non-technical managers will enhance their ability to work with and support their technical staff in planning and implementation. This session is delivered in non-technical language with an emphasis on helping you determine the business case for your organization. The session will also provide a basic framework for planning. Materials include resources for further investigation.
Why should you attend: If your organization isn't levering open source software to improve its operational efficiencies and maximize its investments in technology, you need to ask yourself why. Open source is enterprise ready and likely already used by your peers and competitors alike. But where do you start, or how do you build on what open source you may already have deployed? What are the pitfalls? Where are the easy wins? Getting Your Business Started with Open Source is a practical primer that will send you back to your organization ready to develop your own approach to adopting or improving your open source capabilities
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Open source software defined
- Why businesses are turning to open source
- Open source licenses in a nutshell
- How open source software is developed
- Open source business models in a nutshell
- Where support comes from when the software is free
- Participating in open source communities
- Where to start (if you haven't already)
- How to evaluate a solution for your organization
- Organizational readiness and staff skill set
- Example Open Source alternatives for a range of enterprise needs
Who Will Benefit:
- IT directors and managers
- Operations Managers
- Business Managers
- Contract and Acquisition Managers
- Business Analysts with a responsibility for recommending technology solutions
- Technical Writers with a desire to add to their general knowledge base
Don't wait to register for the Getting Your Business Started with Open Source - Webinar By EITAGlobal. You'll meet influential people and maximize your opportunities for success. Start now by accessing the information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||04/17/2014 - 04/17/2014|
|Other Industries:||IT, Technology|
IT directors and managers
Contract and Acquisition Managers
Business Analysts with a responsibility for recommending technology solutions
Technical Writers with a desire to add to their general knowledge base
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|No exhibiting at this event.||Electricity:||n/a|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.
EITAGlobal is an online training gateway delivering high quality regulatory & compliance trainings in a simple, cost effective and in a user friendly format.
EITAGlobal offers a broad range of channels for broadcasting and exchange of information through web based training, web alerts & discussion forums.