On November 13, 2015, the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) published two final rules as part of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA): the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals rule and the Accredited Third Party Certification rule. On June 4th, 2015, the US FDA also published a draft document titled “Guidance for Industry: FDA’s Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP)”.
The Food Safety Modernization Act was signed into law by President Obama on January 4, 2011 and has been dubbed the “most sweeping reform of food safety laws in more than 70 years.” The new FDA regulations for food and its key rules are intended to prevent import foods safety risk and ensure a safe food supply.
Importers that are subject to the rule must ensure that their foreign suppliers manufacture food following the same food safety standards as domestic food producers. In addition, importers must verify that the supplier’s products are not adulterated and meet FDA approval on allergen labelling requirements.
Why Should You Attend:
All importers within the scope of the FSVP must comply by May 27, 2017. The webinar will focus on the risk-based activities that food importers will need to implement for food regulations in order to comply with FSMA requirements.
The accredited third party certification rule addresses the food safety rule certification of foreign facilities by accredited certification bodies. This section of the talk will also detail the Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP) that will allow importers to expedite the review and entry of food products in the US.
Areas Covered in this Webinar:
• Rationale for new food safety laws in the US
• Overview of the 7 key elements of FSMA
• Key requirements of the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for food importers rule which include
• A hazard analysis of the food by a qualified individual
• A risk-based evaluation of the food and approval process of foreign suppliers
• Verification activities and corrective actions
• Supply chain requirements
• Scope and exemptions: who qualifies as a food importer?
• Timelines for compliance
• Key requirements of the Accredited Third-Party Certification rule
• Overview of draft guidance on “Voluntary Qualified Importer Program (VQIP)”
• Overview of the unannounced audit process: distinction between consultative and regulatory audits
• Understanding the rationale behind FSMA and its new food safety laws
• Providing an overview of the 7 pillars of FSMA (5 of them are now final rules)
• Reviewing key requirements related to the Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals and Accredited Third Party Certification
• Discussing compliance timelines
• Reviewing draft guidance document regarding the VQIP program
Who Will Benefit:
• Importers of Human or Pet/ Animal Food destined for the US Market
• Food Importers who wish to obtain voluntary certification under VQIP
• Customs Food Brokers (Animal and Human foods)
• Food business owners/operators importing
• Pet/animal food manufacturers
• Business executives
• Global Food Safety professionals
• Quality Management professionals
• HACCP coordinators
Karine Lawrence is the principal and owner of Sirocco Food and Wine Consulting, a consulting company providing sensory evaluation and food safety services to the wine and food sector in Canada and the United States. Food safety services centre around training and the development and implementation of global food safety programs (GFSI-benchmarked Safe Quality Food (SQF)).
For more detail please click on this below link:
Toll Free: +1-844-746-4244
If the FSMA Final Rules - Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP) for Food Importers and Accredited Third-Party Certification is important to your business, act now and make the appropriate connections. See the contact information below.
|Conference/Event Dates:||09/22/2016 - 09/22/2016|
|Primary Industry:||Food / Beverage Events|
|Other Industries:||Banking-Money-Finance, Business, Food / Beverage Events|
|Cost to Attend:||Live Session for one participant Price: $155.00|
|Audience:||Importers of Human or Pet/ Animal Food destined for the US Market
Food Importers who wish to obtain voluntary certification under VQIP
Customs Food Brokers (Animal and Human foods)
Food business owners/operators importing
Pet/animal food manufacturers
Global Food Safety professionals
Quality Management professionals
|Show Owner:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Sponsorship Details:||Compliance Global Inc.|
|Booth Size||Booth Cost||Available Amenities|
|Marketing Vehicles Allowed:||n/a|
|Other Booth Sizes Available: n/a|
How do I show up here?
Add a note here, it is only visible by you.